Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant, Abuja - Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE)
Ref No: req11584
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 1 year, with possibility of extension for additional 3 years.
Report To: The Deputy Chief of Party
- The objective of the SCALE Activity is to support civil society organizations (CSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities. The activity is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria.
Purpose of Position:
- The Program Assistant will provide both technical and administrative support to the technical unit of the SCALE project.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages calendar of technical team including maintaining knowledge of all the team members’ work and events.
- Assists with developing concepts and scope of work for activities.
- Assists with taking notes and writing reports during project meetings and events.
- Assists with logistics for project meetings and events, including working with operations team to find venues, confirming dates, and sending invitations and confirming participation.
- Assists with logistics for project partners and guests, including arranging interviews, meetings, transportation, accommodations.
- Manages communication with project partners and stakeholder.
- Organizes and backstops virtual meetings and other events.
- Maintain project files on shared drives and SharePoint.
- Contributes to monitoring the Activity Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP) and SCALE Workplan to ensure implementation is on track.
- Supports generation of monthly and quarterly reports, tracking progress on targets and indicators.
- Assist with administrative processes as may be required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Accountancy, Administration, Knowledge Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in program management working with development organizations.
- A broad understanding of general development issues.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Strong oral/written communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including ability to work well and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizations skills.
- Ability to travel as required within Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please note that we cannot offer sponsorship for this position. In order to be considered for this role, all applicants must have the right to work and live in Nigeria permanently.
- Applications from individuals without the current right to work in Nigeria will not be considered. This position will be based in our Abuja office only.
- Applicants from outside Abuja are welcome but will need to relocate at their own expense as no relocation package is available.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed