Barry Callebaut Group - At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future.
We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 12,000 passionate Employees working in more than 40 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Type: Full Time
About the Role
- We are looking for a passionate, self-driven and experienced Financial Controller to join our team
- She/he will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- The Financial Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management, planning, organizing, developing and controlling all activities of the Finance and Accounts Department in order to ensure that all the required financial output is delivered in the most effective and efficient way.
- Supports and provide input to overall Finance strategy
- Translates the company's Finance strategy into beneficial and acceptable policies and procedures
- Proposes and, after approval, ensures adequate resource planning (money, people, space) and utilization.
- Ensures delivery of professional day-to-day services in the Finance field in line with guidelines.
- Manages the team and the people of the Accounts Department.
- Prepares financial statements, business plans, financial forecasts for management decision-making.
- Prepares and manages the company's cash flow.
- Coordinates the preparation of monthly WHT, VAT and other taxes, returns and ensuring timely remittance of same.
- Liaison with Operations/Warehouse/QA, Logistics and other support areas to improve on reporting processes and data integrity related to the Operations ERP system (Agromex).
- Ensures that the managed activities in the department comply with internal rules and statutory requirements. Participates in ongoing continuous improvement and finance related projects to ensure best practices.
- Assists in coordinating and preparation for all finance related statutory/regulatory and tax audits.
- Interprets conditions of services to and handles welfare problems of immediate subordinates in consultation with the Human Resources Department.
- Identifies the training needs of immediate subordinates and organizes or recommends training for them.
Required Academic and Technical Qualifications
- Must be a Professionally Qualified Accountant and/or hold MBA (Finance) Degree from a reputable University.
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification hands-on relevant working experience, 3 years of which must have been in a middle level management position.
- Must be computer literate
- Outstanding knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Good understanding of accounting software (ERP SAGE)
Additional Considerations or Comments:
- Very hands on
- Big on integrity
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Ability to work in/manage a team
- Qualified Females are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: At Barry Callebaut, we are committed to Diversity & Inclusion. United by our strong values, we thrive on the diversity of who we are, where we come from, what we’ve experienced and how we think. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment where people can truly be themselves, grow to their full potential and feel they belong.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed