Assistant Production and Processing Manager at Agriseedco
SeedCo Nigeria Limited is a joint venture between Seed West Africa Limited (a subsidiary of Seed CO International Limited a public listed Company incorporated in Zimbabwe and quoted on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange) and Saro AgroSciences Limited a Leading Nigeria Agro Input provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Production and Processing Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- A leading Seed Company with interest across Africa is searching for an Assistant Production and Processing Manager capable of leading the team to the next level as it’s deepen its operation in Nigeria.
- The Assistant Production and Processing Manager is charged with the responsibility for managing and ensuring sustainable and cost effective supply of high quality seed products in Nigeria, by delivering excellence in terms of the required volume of the right products at the right time.
- He/She will provide leadership and direction to production and processing operations and also liaise with third parties and licensees to ensure excellence in production stewardship.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Formulate and provide clear production and processing strategies to achieve set targets for both foundation and certified seed
- Budget preparation and cost control for production and processing function. This includes formulation and ownership in continuous improvement of cost saving projects/models for the business unit
- To provide necessary resources required for smooth functioning of the department.
- Prepare production schedules for parent and certified seed each season and five year forecasts in alignment with the business unit strategic plan.
- To ensure seed legislation as laid down in the Nigerian Seeds Act and Seeds (Certification Scheme) is complied with throughout the seed supply chain.
- Frequent liaison with seed regulatory authority in Nigeria to ensure effective field inspections and seed certification. Collaborate and provide guidance to growers, contractors, and licensees on the production and processing of seed
- Negotiate and establish production contracts and processing agreements including determination of viable grower prices
- Build and maintain a sustainable grower base in the best production areas to ensure a consistent supply of high quality and reliable quantity seed
- Drive the parent seed production plan in Anchau Farm including growers’ recruitment, field inspections and monitoring, processing, inventory control and storage.
- To maintain seed quality through quality assurance and control during field production, harvesting, processing, storage and warehouse management
- To ensure all seed deliveries and grower payments have been done in accordance with the contracts
- Prepare progress reports and ensure that all relevant production information is sent to the business head and relevant departments
- Maintenance and reconciliation of all seed production and processing records.
- To ensure optimum asset utilization and security.
- To provide technical advice to management
- To ensure adequate controls to minimize risk in the seed production chain
- Liaise frequently with other supply chain functions and business units to ensure the reliable supply and delivery of seed in Nigeria
- Set and monitor subordinate staffs’ annual goals in alignment with the functional performance targets and carry out performance evaluation at the end of the financial year
- Training of all field and processing officers, build and maintain an effective team
- Promote an actively caring culture for safety amongst all personnel, growers and contractors.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a second-class upper University Degree in Agronomy or similar area of expertise.
- M.Sc holder in Agronomy or other relevant course will have an advantage.
- 5 years prior experience and technical proficiency in field production and seed processing activities.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- MS Office software (Excel, E-mail, Word, Power Point etc.)
- Fluent in English
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Project management skills and team work
- Leadership skills and Mentoring of direct reports in technical and soft skills
- Strong organizational and planning ability (Setting appropriate milestones and demonstrating forward progress)
- Age Requirement: 28 - 35 years.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed