Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) Coordinating Consultant at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria - 14 Openings
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable TB control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) Coordinating Consultant
Job Number: C18
Locations: Anambra, Delta, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, River, Bauchi, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Benue, Plateau, Nasarawa and Taraba
- We are seeking to engage a Coordinating Consultant in Nigeria to provide technical assistance and drive the Domestic Resource Mobilization for TB care and treatment across 14 states of TB LON 1 and 2 Project
USAID Nigeria TB LON Regions 1 and 2 Project
- The TB LON Project is funded by USAID Nigeria and focuses on locally generated solutions to provide TB prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment and notification, while addressing stigma and discrimination. The TB LON regions 1 and 2 project is implemented by KNCV TB foundation Nigeria and is expanding the provision and increased access to TB services within the public and none public health sectors in Nigeria. The project is targeted at increasing the number of tuberculosis (TB) cases that are detected, treated and notified to 437,895 within the five year grant implementation period 2020 to 2025 and is being implemented across 14 states in Nigeria; Bauchi, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Nasarawa, Plateau, Taraba, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross River, Delta, Imo and Rivers State. The project’s four intermediate results are as follows:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB, DR-TB, and TB / Human Immunodeficiency Virus (TB / HIV) services;
- Strengthened TB service delivery platforms;
- ReducedTB disease transmission and progression and
- Accelerated TB innovations with improved impact on program implementation
- KNCV Nigeria is working with a consortium of partners- two sub recipients- CCCRN and KNCV International and six strategic service package providers- Instrat Global Services, Initiative for the Prevention and Control of Diseases (PCD), Jana Health Foundation, Diadem Consult, Public Health Concerns Ltd and TB Network.
- Towards meeting the project set targets, KNCV Nigeria and partners adopted a mixed model of community and facility based, health systems strengthening strategies and digital solutions to find TB cases in a Roll in, Roll on and Roll out staged approach. Roll in is in year 1 which is the planning stage, collaborations and capacity building, Roll on is the saturation stage in Year 2,3 and 4 while Roll out in year 5 is the transitioning Stage.
DRM TA Rationale
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria is implementing the TB-LON Regions 1&2 with funds from USAID across 14 states (Anambra, Delta, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, Rivers, Bauchi, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Benue, Plateau, Nasarawa and Taraba) has conducted a baseline sustainability capacity assessment:
- To Assess the extent of Government funding support to the TB program in the last 5 years
- To assess the level and extent of other funding support available at the state level for TB control
- To examine the policy framework of the state health insurance agency (if in place) to determine the extent of inclusion of TB in the basic minimum health service package.
Purpose of the Assignment:
- To provide coordinating consultancy to states (using the reports of Sustainability Capacity Assessment for each of the 14 states) to drive Domestic Resource Mobilization activities and integrate tuberculosis care in State Health Insurance Schemes minimum health benefit package.
- To support states to integrate TB treatment and care into the minimum health benefit package in the state health insurance schemes.
- To work with the state TB program and other TB stakeholders to address key identified gaps in the sustainability capacity assessment results for each of the 14 TB LON Regions 1 and 2 states.
- To institute a system for expenditure tracking of public financing of TB within the state.
- Finalize implementation roadmaps for integration of tuberculosis care into the minimum health benefit package in each of the 14 states’ health insurance scheme
- Provide TA to 14 states for phased implementation of their plans
- Provide periodic update on implementation status to KNCV
Anticipated Deliverables and timeline:
- Monthly and quarterly narrative report including dashboard score card of the implementation status in each 14 states.
- TA is to last for 6 months in the first instance and could be extended based on availability of funding support.
- The consultant reports to the following supervising teams:
- Field Offices: The KNCV TB Advisor (or KNCV Senior Program Officer) for the 14 states.
- Central Office: The Director Technical Programs.
- Timeframe: Short term assignment from August 1st 2021 - January 31st 2022
- MB; BS, MPH / MSc, PHD or corresponding degree in epidemiology, health economics, statistics, or in international/global health.
- Knowledge of and experience with quantitative and qualitative epidemiological research techniques as well as health policy and management.
- Skills in applying and using software for data collection & data validation.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English.
- The Coordinating Consultant can reside in any of the 14 states within TB LON 1 & 2 project
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references which must be indicated on your CV and can be submitted via: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria recruitment email.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed