Internal Auditor at Synapse Services
Synapse Services is the largest provider of Private Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. It is a member of the Intersect Consortium. The largest consortium of mental health related organizations in West Africa.
We provide patient centered care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and internationally trained professionals.
When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.
We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to join the team in the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit.
- Conducts financial risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Ensure daily compliance on the internal and financial policies of the facility
- Do a daily call over on all expenses across all organizations and ensure that all postings are correctly done
- Takes routine stocks check and verify that records in the bin cards show true representation of stock on ground
- Ensure that costs are not over stated on all expenses.
- Ensure compliance on all regulatory policies.
- Ensure that internal control system is in place so as to control loss, theft and risk in the facility.
- Identifies any internal control gap and recommend measures for its improvement.
- Report to management all risk issues in accordance with auditing standards.
- Review the final accounts prepared by the accountant before the external audit reviews the account.
- Advices management on any internal control issue.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal policies.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within Synapse
- Researches new or technical subjects when required to support audits (e.g., OSFI Guidelines, market risk, financial instruments, etc.)
- Provide feedback on Accounting Procedures
Competencies / Attributes:
- Contributes to High Performing Teams – May include supervision of Accountant and account assistant on projects to follow, sound internal control practices and to manage financial risks appropriately.
- Acts as a Team Player - Collaborate and supporting colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed.
- Results Oriented - Meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals up to and including the CEO.
- Committed to Self-Development Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of healthcare financial business operations and risk-based auditing attained through 3 to 5 years of progressive work experience with a focus on financial risk and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Ability to manage projects and, when required, work with the accountant to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
Deliverables / Key Performance Indicator
- Monthly Report/ Advise on Return on investment of Synapse
- Continuous audit tests and their results Monthly
- Good number of managements agreed actions outstanding, putting emphasis on any overdue actions. This is related to the financial advice rendered by the internal Auditor.
- Policy and procedure breaches reported in the period – Weekly Report
- Emerging risks discovery- Forensic Auditing. Monthly Review
- Status of compliance test completion and report of any failures with their remediation plans
- Monthly Rich content of audit report based on proper research and analysis
- Above all customer satisfaction without compromising on objectivity
- Completed audit plans per year/period
- Business or revenue enhancement opportunities identified and proposed/ cost saving strategies.
- B.Sc. Business or Accounting.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Direct experience in Audit and Compliance required. Good knowledge in auditing and accounting practices.
- ACCA / ICAN / ACA / CIA / CISA.
- Minimum of 5 years proven work experience.
- Relevant certifications associated with the job position.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to negotiate at all levels.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Job Title as the subject of the email.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed