H&W Rice Company is one of three companies under Haske & Williams Ltd – a fast-rising agribusiness conglomerate – formed out of the need to create quality local substitutes to imported rice products in Nigeria. We are a vertically integrated producer of high-quality whole grain parboiled rice and we work directly with our farm estates and network of outgrowers to ensure the finest, export-quality products for our local and international customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Direct and coordinate the daily operations of the rice plant as well as the task delivery of the milling, parboiling and boiler units;
- Drive the implementation and adherence to all guiding policies, processes and procedures, ensuring that each batch of rice reflects the agreed flavor, texture and appearance;
- Ensure proper planning and organizing of production shifts and schedules ensuring that all aspects of operations are efficiently handled.
- Maintain an effective and robust production plan to capture job progress per shift, inventory levels, cost and other pertinent details that support optimal rice production
- Control all aspects of rice transfer, handling, milling, bulk storage and packing ensuring the achievement of daily & monthly capacity utilization
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly resource requirements and effectively allocate these resources to reduce waste and support optimal production
- Constantly review and analyze production costs and paddy inventory to establish areas for improvement
- Control final production activities, ensuring products are stacked and stored in an appropriate manner to prevent spoilage.
- Coordinate and maintain effective safety plans to ensure all health and safety procedures and regulations within the rice plant are adopted and implemented
- Establish, maintain and ensure adherence to all outlined quality control and quality assurance processes as it relates to rice milling operations, including implementation of effective hygiene, pest control and rodent control program
- Support with negotiations for the procurement of paddy and other general materials ensuring that the prices are within agreed Budgets
- Ensure safe operations of the rice mill machine and drive adherence to agreed repair and routine maintenance schedules
- Ensure zero deviation from regulatory standards
- Ensure team adherence to contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and partnership agreements
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of the unit’s annual and quarterly budget (CAPEX and OPEX).
- Identify training needs and develop training plans for the milling, parboiling and boiler team
- Drive the adoption of culture that supports innovation, development of quality products, excellent service delivery, accountability and operational excellence;
- Drive performance of critical functions and efficiently lead the team whilst driving a culture of high performance and result consciousness;
Education & Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Industrial Chemistry or any other related discipline
- At least 7 - 8 years’ experience with at least 3 years as a production manager within the manufacturing or food industry; particularly rice milling,
- Experience in large scale rice production or similar industries will be an added advantage
- Experience in project and operations management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed