Logistics Supervisor at H&W Rice Company
ADAMAWA , YOLA ,
H&W Rice Company is one of three companies under Haske & Williams Ltd – a fast-rising agribusiness conglomerate – formed out of the need to create quality local substitutes to imported rice products in Nigeria. We are a vertically integrated producer of high-quality whole grain parboiled rice and we work directly with our farm estates and network of outgrowers to ensure the finest, export-quality products for our local and international customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop a robust and detailed logistics plan including all relevant documentation, systems and processes to ensure proper coordination and delivery of all logistics requests
- Manage and coordinate the flow, movement and storage of all raw materials, raw and finished paddy, trucks and other machinery within the mill
- Ensure thorough processing of all logistics demands through proper planning, effective control mechanisms and adherence to established logistics procedures
- Ensure proper tracking and recording of incoming goods and ensure proper processing of damaged goods scheduled to be returned
- Organize warehouse activities by labeling goods, defining delivery routes with truck drivers and warehouse staff and processing shipments.
- Manage the entire logistic order cycle so as to enhance customer satisfaction, ensure sustainability of the process and cost optimization
- Plan the layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering factors such as size, weight, expiration, special storage conditions and other related factors of items stored.
- Supervise the daily stockroom activities including the timely processing of incoming items in the warehouse and adherence to all requirements for transportation and receiving of items in the stockroom
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all inventory transactions and physical movement of materials from receipt to stocking, to distribution.
- Supervise outgoing distribution/logistics activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and condition of products.
- Maintain a detailed vendor database and update database as required
- Work closely with the procurement manager to develop new strategies for streamlining logistics processes to reduce cost and improve efficiencies
- Notify the relevant units of the maintenance of vehicles, equipment, and material
- Support in handling preventive maintenance and inspection for defects whilst notifying the maintenance team or external contractors for repair
- Supervise the administrative functions of warehouse, including scheduling shift, approving time, assigning jobs to the logistics team.
- Set clear directions and expectations for the other logistics team members to ensure that the all internal customers’ needs and expectations are fully satisfied
- Support in-house education, promotion and awareness programs relating to sound logistics practice and strategies;
- Maintain a safe working environment, ensuring that all warehouse employees comply with the use of personal protective equipment and exercise proper precautions.
- Perform other functions as required;
Education & Qualification
- B.Sc in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain Management from an accredited University is required for this role;
- At least 5 - 6 years’ experience as a logistics lead in an Agro allied, grain milling, food, and beverage manufacturing companies.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed