General Procurement Supervisor at H&W Rice Company
ADAMAWA , YOLA ,
H&W Rice Company is one of three companies under Haske & Williams Ltd – a fast-rising agribusiness conglomerate – formed out of the need to create quality local substitutes to imported rice products in Nigeria. We are a vertically integrated producer of high-quality whole grain parboiled rice and we work directly with our farm estates and network of outgrowers to ensure the finest, export-quality products for our local and international customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Procurement Supervisor
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Develop relevant documentation, systems and processes for all procurement activities including requisitions, vendor selection, prequalification, evaluation and eventual award of contracts (for goods and services respectively)
- Ensure timely and excellent delivery of requested products, goods or services within the plant, ensuring that each procurement request is value for money and attracts zero complaints from project owners;
- Provide relevant support in the organization of tender documents, receipt and evaluation of tenders, quotations, bids or proposals
- Support the procurement manager in commercial and contractual negotiations when required and in full compliance with global practices;
- Support in budget management and reviewing of requisitions;
- Coordinate vendor management, update suppliers’ database and coordinate supplier evaluation and selection
- Provide useful and timely market intelligence by carrying out periodic market research for pricing, availability of goods and services as well as the global position of such products;
- Maintain all electronic and hardcopy files and records to ensure proper accountability;
- Perform first level resolution of pricing discrepancies, quality claims, and missing products issues
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
- Keep informed of best practices in procurement procedures locally and internationally in order to ensure continuous improvement on all procurement practices.
- Ensure best practice, continuous improvement initiatives and lessons learnt are imbibed amongst other members of the team;
- Set clear directions and expectations for the other team members to ensure that the customers’ needs and expectations are fully satisfied
- Support in-house education, promotion and awareness programs relating to sound Procurement practice and strategies;
- Provide advice to the Procurement Manager on any relevant industry news;.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or any other related discipline is required for this role;
- At least 5 - 6 years’ experience in purchasing or buying.
- Experience gathering market insights
- Proven ability to develop businesses and manage operational output
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed