HR Manager at H&W Rice Company
ADAMAWA , YOLA ,
H&W Rice Company - One of three companies under Haske & Williams Limited formed out of the need to create quality local substitutes to imported rice products in Nigeria. Established as a vertically integrated producer of high-quality whole grain parboiled rice, H&W Rice works directly with its farm estates and network of out-growers to ensure the finest, export-quality products for our local and international customers.
H&W is also invested in inclusive community development through partnerships with local farming communities and has already kickstarted a community enrichment program dubbed the Demsa Integrated Rice Production Project which is intended to expand to other regions of the country to secure a place as the largest local producer of quality rice.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the recruitment process, including reviewing job descriptions, website advertising, updating of the company resource plan, sifting and selection of CV’s, attending interviews and selecting candidates
- Drive the contractual process for all suitable candidates including issuance of employment contracts, relevant ID, and other pre-engagement documentation.
- Create an effective onboarding plan and ensure new employees are properly inducted, Manage payroll and monthly salaries for contract staff, full time employees, casual staff as well as computation of overtime payout.
- Manage the HR/Admin functions such as maintaining a database of new and existing employees, collation of references, documentation of new staff and updating of staff records, updating of existing staff files and recording of staff Personal advance/Loan.
- Ensure accurate computation/coordination, staff attendance, Leave/vacations, and terminal/final entitlement of outgoing staff.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and timely payment of all scheduled payments by monitoring timelines and properly maintaining records.
- Manage the output and deliverables of all casual workers, and contractors.
- Create a standard for high performance and ensure adherence to best practices at all times.
- Organize knowledge sharing sessions and relevant training staff training meeting to enhance productivity.
- Advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer's own employment policies and procedures
- Drive adherence to all established policies and procedures.
- Organize team building activities to foster team spirit and drive.
- Provide insight and recommendations on HR initiatives that can be leveraged to strengthen business results e.g. leadership/development programmes.
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities, development plans and achievements.
- Liaise with the CEO to understand their HR requirements and develop practical interventions to meet the requirements.
- Position as a mediator when required to try and resolve employee grievances.H&W Rice company Ltd Job Profile
- Provide a report on the annual employee engagement survey to ensure feedback from employees is collated and interpreted correctly to help improve employee engagement.
- Perform all duties other duties assigned.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree / Master's Degree with a minimum of 8 years work experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed