SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant - M / F
Contract type: Permanent Contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Employee Status: Employee
Area Activity: Technical Facilities Management
- Comply with and ensure compliance with QHSE rules, instructions and procedures in force at SPIE OGS.
- Ensure the achievement of QHSE results and proper application of HSE policy at the subsidiary.
- Support the Project Manager in driving contract performance. Job description SPIE OIL & GAS Nigeria is currently looking for a Project Assistant to join its workforce in Nigeria.
Mission 1: Comply with and ensure compliance with QHSE rules, instructions and procedures in force at SPIE OGS - He or she:
- Must be and must remain well informed of rules, instructions and procedures regarding QHSE.
- Implements and ensures implementation of SPIE OGS QHSE rules, instructions and procedures.
- Makes proposals for the continuous improvement of QHSE provisions.
- Draws up non-compliance and/or observation reports when noting any malfunction or risk situation and transmits them to the local QHSE department.
- Immediately alerts any person who caused a risk situation, on noting the occurrence of any such situation.
- Adopts an eco-approach at all times in the exercise of his/her duties.
- Alerts the line management when encountering any professional situation that does not comply with the principles and rules governing the carrying out of SPIE Group activities (Ethics Alert).
Mission 2: Support Procurement and Invoicing Activities:
- Checks and monitors the progress of procurement activities and ensure that all materials requested by the customer are properly followed from requisition to acknowledgement of delivery on customer site.
- Maintains an accurate record of all ongoing procurement activities to provide real time update when required by the Project Manager or the client.
- Analyse vendor bids and present to the client in presentable manner as may be required by the PM from tim to time.
- Generate RFQs and purchase requisitions for customer requests and ensure project database is always up to date
Mission 3: General Administrative Support:
- Recovers information from Project Manager and support functions, and then draws up periodic and specific activity reports (HSE, personnel movements, reliability, etc.).
- Attends meetings with the PM and is responsible for preparation and issuance of meeting minutes.
- Experience in oil production / engineering
- Maintenance project control or similar
- Development of technical solutions in operational context
- Risk analysis
- Priorities management.
- Ability to analyse.
- Ability to think objectively.
- Ability to listen and actively communicate.
- Excellent sense of initiative and anticipation.
- Focus on cost control and cost-effectiveness.
Minimum level of experience required:
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Master’s degree.
- Past working experience in a maintenance / construction engineering role in the oil and gas industry.
- General knowledge of the equipment, methods and processes used in the oil industry.
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Login And Apply