Continuous Improvement Manager at an International Industrial Group - Adexen Recruitment Agency
Adexen Recruitment Agency has been mandated by one of its clients an International Industrial group to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Manager - Expatriate
Location: Enugu, Nigeria
Desired Skills and Experience
- Graduated Engineer from a recognised university: Bachelor/Master’s degree in Electro-mechanical / Industrial with strong automation knowledge
- Preferably 5 to 10 years with experience in manufacturing organisation or in maintenance management
- Previous experience in the building materials, mining, cement industries will be a plus
- First experience in process or manufacturing industry where lean was implemented with a role of continuous improvement (factory based), production or maintenance.
- Strong interest to combine a field technical engineering job with administrative follow-up and reporting tasks.
- The ambition to introduce and implement a Continuous Improvement process system.
- Training on 5S or similar will be as well an added value.
- SAP exposure or experience will be an added advantage value
- Previous professional experience in Africa or emerging markets will be a plus
- This managerial position, reporting directly to the Technical Director, will be oriented for upgrading progressively the technical expertise of the local team by:
- Analysing existing procedures and establishing the best possible operational procedures.
- Implementation of new operational processes/methods to optimise operational costs through impact study and cost analysis.
- Preparing training system on specific maintenance topics (PLC, Robots, preventive maintenance system…).
- Improving the working methodology, workforce planning, project management (best use of people, of equipment, of tooling…).
- Analysing repetitive technical issues resulting in machine inefficiency or stoppage for proposing solutions to the operational team with eventual implication of Group Engineering.
- Assisting the maintenance crew in preparing the annual shut down.
- Pre-study of any projects given to him by the Operation Manager for eventual proposal to the Regional Operation Director.
- Executing delicate or complex projects with the local team.
- Coaching and training the local technicians on the new technology introduced in the company (PLC, Robots, Safety boxes…).
- Studying and proposing equipment for lowering the risks at work with aim to come closer to safety requirement.
- Organizing the technical library…
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Apply via EmploymentNigeria
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed