Willers Solutions Limited - Our client, a Maritime Company located in Lagos is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Superintendent (DPA)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Minimum of B.Sc in Marine Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years' compliance related managerial experience in tangible shoreside technical, and DPA
- Proven record of achievement within marine operations.
- Experience of multi-activity joint venture operations.
- Good awareness of industry/transportation trends, philosophies, best practice etc..
- Experience and knowledge of a wide range of offshore support vessels, Dynamic positioning systems, logistic vessels, Diving and Construction vessels, Semi-submersible and Jackup units.
- Required to monitor the vessel movements daily.
- Supervise operations and monitor vessel condition and ship’s staff compliance with management policies, international, state or local Maritime regulations.
- Responsible for operational related issues and ensures all procedures are adhered to and comply with International safety management (ISM), classification society rules, and Maritime insurance.
- Protect company's intellectual property & maintain confidentiality.
- Performing navigational, cargo and mooring audits and keep records as per company’s standards. Findings to be categorized and trends to be identified.
- Prepares inspection report (VIR) outlining observations and defects found on board inspected vessels.
- Close monitoring and follow up of vessel’s maintenance status.
- Review and approval of all deck and paints requisitions.
- Ensures that all vessels are supplied with proper mooring wires and ropes as per Company’s standards
- Maintain and promote navigational standards on board vessels.
- Arrange supply/renewal and proper certification of all safety, LSA and FFA. Maintenance of safety-related equipment and keeping of proper operational records.
- Supervising vessel’s commercial operations (tank cleaning, loading and discharging) in port and enroute; ensuring efficient and safe use of the equipment and compliance of the vessel with her commercial obligations.
- Checking Loading / Discharging / Ballasting plans and procedures, COW and Passage plans and all other operation-related forms.
- Checking the navigational operations on board Company vessels including updating nautical charts, publications and corrections.
- Issuing visit reports that include his remarks on the vessel’s condition, personnel (including level of cooperation) and equipment; makes recommendations for rectification of deficiencies or improvements to the existing situation.
- Verifying that safe working practices are followed in accordance to industry standards, current regulations and the CMS.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in MS Word Format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Marine Superintendent" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be shortlisted.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed