Center for Civilians in Conflict’s mission is to improve protection for civilians caught in conflicts around the world. We call on and advise international organizations, governments, militaries, and armed non-state actors to adopt and implement policies, tools, and training to prevent civilian harm. When civilians are harmed we advocate for the provision of amends and post-harm assistance. We bring the voices of civilians themselves to those making decisions affecting their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Engagement Associate
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Contract Term: 2 years, renewable
- We are looking for a Community Engagement Associate to ensure commitment and involvement of local authorities and community members in the Program; and support the development and empowerment of community protection committees and ensure their participation, sustainability of their actions, as well as ensuring that the voices of community members, including women and children are heard.
- The Community engagement associate’s roles will include training, facilitation of meetings between security forces and communities as well as implementation of activities that will specifically target Women and people living with disability.
- They will be responsible for program reporting, monitoring and documentation at community level.
Scope of Work/Primary Responsibilities
- The Community Engagement Associate be responsible for the day to day support, supervision and mentoring to the protection committees in the various communities.
- The community engagement associate will be responsible for community level advocacy to key stakeholders, Civil-Military relations meetings, reporting and monitoring of meetings and other activities of the protection committees.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The community engagement associate will report and be supervised by the Senior Snr. Project Officer and have dotted lines to the Manager, Community Engagement.
- Develop a community mobilisation strategy in collaboration with the team and ensure implementation
- Train and mentor Local consultants - Community support
- In collaboration with the rest of the programme team prepare and facilitate trainings
- Participate in the preparation or review of programme monitoring and evaluation tools where necessary
- Ensure correct use of programme monitoring and evaluation (recording) tools, including analysis
- Develop good knowledge of local and national government structures, parliamentary and political processes and key decision making structures and how to influence them.
- Identify policy and practice change, on the basis of CIVIC’s experience, that would promote and protect civilians and mitigate harm to them in conflict.
- Support in formulating key advocacy messages and targets from lessons learned, assessments, research and evidence gained through project implementation on civilian protection.
- Actively participate in relevant community level and CSO Coalition driven activities in the target field locations
- Engage with the state and local governments in policies review when needed
- Prepare monthly reports of activities carried out
- Responsible for ensuring relevan reporting and filling of results journal.
- Support new LGA assessments and lead entry engagements
- Qualification: Minimum of B.Sc, or HND
- Experience: 2 - 4 years.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed