Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it's welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world's most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask "What if?" We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria HWM - Kebbi / Sokoto State HRIS Coordinator Consultant
Job Identification: 100507
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Schedule: Part-time
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Health Workforce Management (HWM) activity supports establishing a cost-effective, well-trained, and motivated health workforce in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Banyan Global implements the project in collaboration with Abt Associates, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), and Solina Health. The project also collaborates with local experts, universities, training institutions, federal and state governments, and the private sector and provides support via targeted grants under contract (GUCs).
- The overarching purpose of the activity is to support the establishment of a cost‐effective, well-trained and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas in the focus states of Bauchi, Kebbi, Sokoto, Ebonyi, and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). This approach will help address the shortage of skilled healthcare workers within Nigeria’s primary health care (PHC) system.
- Abt Associates Inc. will lead the activity’s Intermediate Result (IR) area two with the objective of strengthening the human resources information system (HRIS) to keep track of recruitment, deployment, and retention of health workers. Working with the Department of Health Planning, Research, & Statistics (DHPRS) of the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), the Abt team will support efforts to strengthen the HRIS to provide data for decision-makers to support HRH planning, management, and address inequities and inefficiencies.
- The activity will support ongoing efforts by collaborating with the FMOH’s DHPRS to link the supported priority states to the National Health Workforce Registry (NHWR) and build local capacity to use the information for decision-making.
Aim of the Consultancy
- Abt Associates seeks a consultant to support activities aimed at strengthening HRIS in both Sokoto and Kebbi States.
- The successful consultant will report to the Senior HRIS Advisor based in Abuja.
- The consultant’s responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the activity’s HRIS focal point in the respective states
- Support the states to establish and/or strengthen HRIS governance structures
- Conduct an assessment to inform improvements in state practices in utilizing HRH information for evidence-based planning, coordination and management
- Support the state to develop and implement state-specific capacity improvement plans and lead capacity building sessions
- Monitor HRIS implementation progress, and share periodic reports
- Attend Banyan Global quarterly Pause and Reflect workshops in Abuja
- Travel to Sokoto/Kebbi as needed to implement the activity
- Approved State HRIS baseline assessment report, publishable technical paper and/or briefs
- ToR for HRH Governance structures validated
- Develop and validate state capacity plans
- Periodic (activity/weekly/monthly/quarterly) reports on progress against ToR
- Satisfactory capacity building of state stakeholders on HRH data management, use, and operationalization of the HRIS (Sokoto only)
- Strengthen state stakeholder capacity for HRH data analysis and development of annual health workforce profiles (Sokoto only)
- Submit travel requests and planning for interstate trips
Period of Performance:
- The anticipated period of performance for this assignment is September 1, 2021 – to September 30, 2022.
- Advanced or Master's Degree in Public Health, Project Management, Health Information, Data Management or other relevant fields with 3 - 5 years of experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with health information systems
- Demonstrable experience interacting with representatives from state ministries of health, private sector, civil society organizations, national health professional councils, and non-governmental organizations
- Ability to work in Kebbi and Sokoto States (no relocation costs will be provided)
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite
- Experience in data analytics as well as analyzing and presenting information
- Excellent oral, and written communication skills in English and ability to work well on a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed