Powering Healthcare Consultant at Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL)
Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) is an international organisation working with leaders in government, the private sector and civil society to drive further, faster action toward achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG7), which calls for universal access to sustainable energy by 2030, and the Paris Agreement, which calls for reducing greenhouse gas emissions to limit climate warming to well below 2° Celsius.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Powering Healthcare Consultant
Type of contract: Part-time Short Term Consultant
Team: Powering Healthcare
Deparment: External Programmes
Line Manager: Programme Manager, Powering Healthcare
Date Required: As soon as possible
Duration: Approx. 60 work days until November
Powering Healthcare Programme
- SEforALL now seeks additional technical support to help it implement its Powering Healthcare initiative.
- Powering Healthcare acts as an ‘engine room’, providing the impetus and solutions needed by governments and their partners to increase investment in and the sustainability of health facility electrification efforts. We do this by:
- Building an investment case for powering healthcare to ensure access to adequate and reliable power in healthcare facilities is prioritized as a necessary input to achieving public health and energy/climate goals.
- Creating the core ‘building blocks’ to deliver distributed clean energy solutions to healthcare facilities at scale and in a sustainable manner.
To Advance these Objectives, Powering Healthcare Focuses on:
- Data and research: Build the evidence base for powering healthcare facilities, particularly in the areas of sector intelligence/mapping and impact research;
- Thought leadership: Develop the new ideas and tools (related to, e.g., business models, policy and quality assurance) needed to facilitate wide-scale and sustainable adoption of distributed clean energy solutions in healthcare facilities;
- Finance: Provide finance to de-risk investments and spur innovation in electrifying healthcare facilities; indicative activities include a UEF window on health facility electrification and a small-grant innovation challenge fund to stimulate innovative technologies and delivery models;
- Collaboration and coordination: Strengthen political and technical cooperation and knowledge exchange among health and energy players;
- Advocacy and communications: Raise awareness and educate stakeholders on the need and opportunity to provide better health services by powering healthcare facilities;
- Country-level support: Provide strategic and technical advisory services to governments.
Scope of work
- Under the supervision of SEforALL’s Programme Manager for Powering Healthcare, the role of the Consultant will be to help implement SEforALL’s Powering Healthcare initiative, with a focus on providing country-level advisory support in Nigeria.
- The Consultant will lead the development of a ‘Powering Healthcare Roadmap’ in Nigeria. The Roadmap is expected to provide the Government and its development partners with a data-driven plan for electrifying the country’s underserved health facilities.
- For a full description of the specific activities, deliverables and timeline please consult the detailed full job description accessible on the SEforALL website: https://www.seforall.org/jobs/powering-healthcare-consultant.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced University Degree in Energy, Social Sciences (Policy, Economics, Sustainable Development) or a closely related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in international development, public policy or international development, with specializations in off-grid energy or the energy-health nexus.
- Relevant experience in at least one of the following areas: technical system design for off-grid solutions, or innovative business models for off-grid electrification, or development of national strategies and roadmaps
- Familiarity with past and ongoing health facility electrification efforts in Nigeria is required.
- Practical experience designing and implementing off-grid solar programs/projects in energy access deficit countries is desirable.
- Experience managing complex, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Experience managing relationships with key stakeholders in the energy access field, including national Governments, development partners, and private sector actors.
- Experience delivering high-quality reports and other written products.
- Experience producing content suitable for external communication, for example donor reports and presentations.
- Solid command of the English language.
- Fluency with all relevant Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle quick-turnaround tasks alongside sustained projects.
- Eligibility to work in Nigeria; preference will be given to candidates based in Nigeria.
- SEforALL offers exciting high-impact assignments, a collegial and creative work environment, and the opportunity for committed professionals to thrive and grow within flat hierarchies and in the pursuit of an inspiring mission.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Please make sure that your application includes the following information and documents:
- A Cover Letter (max 2 pages) outlining your relevant experience and suitability for this assignment (attached to your application online)
- A detailed CV (attached to your application online)
- Names and contact details of three contactable referees (field to be completed in your application online)
- An overview of estimated costs, incl. daily rate and estimated LOE per activity in line with the scope of work (question to be answered as part of your application online)
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed