Provost at Gombe State College of Legal and Islamic Studies, Nafada
Gombe State College of Legal and Islamic Studies, Nafada is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Provost
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the college and is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day-to-day management and operation of the college.
- Candidate should possess a minimum of a Master's degree from a recognized university, a professional teaching qualification and has attained the rank of a Chief Lecturer in the college system or a Reader in the university system.
- He/She should not be more than sixty (60) years at the point of assumption of duty.
- Candidates for this position shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership, must possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in both private and public life and must be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the College.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for single term of five (5) years. The position attract all rights and benefits of occupant of such offices as obtainable in laws of similar colleges.
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of Applications (Typed) and Fifteen (15) copies of CV and photocopies of credentials. The CV should cover the following:
- Full name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Date and place of birth
- State of origin and Local Government Area
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Current contact address including telephone numbers and E-mail address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of professional bodies/associations
- Honours and distinction (if any)
- Conferences attended with dates
- Community service
- Mission statement/brief proposal on repositioning the College
- List of publications
- Candidates should also request their three (3) referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover, direct to the Registrar, Gombe State College of Legal and Islamic Studies, Nafada, Gombe State.
All Applications are to be submitted in a seal envelope and marked "Application for the Post of Provost" as applicable on the top right corner and addressed to:
The Office of the Registrar,
Gombe State College of Legal and Islamic Studies, Nafada,
Note: Applicants will be required to present the original copies of their credentials during interview.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed