Hot Job: Surfer Pilot/Crew Boat Pilot at Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited
Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, a leading international player in marine services, Bourbon offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Surfer Pilot/Crew Boat Pilot
Job Profile Ref. ID: 150289
Job Status: Permanent Staff
Job Type: Full Time Job, Graduate/Experienced
The ideal candidate should possess the following requirements:
- Possess the required Basic and Advanced mandatories
- Possess Marine Deck Officer Certificate of Competency (preferably OOW unlimited)
- Possess a valid International passport.
- Possess a valid discharge book showing a minimum of 12 months’ sea-term experience in the marine industry.
- Possess a valid yellow card Possess a valid medical certificate Must be registered as a seafarer with NIMASA
- Possession of relevant additional qualification will be an added advantage.
Key Skills and Behaviour:
- Safety oriented
- High Technical skills
- Creative and Innovative
- Highly articulate
- Team oriented and outgoing
- Ability to work with little or no supervision Languages:
- Language: Fluent in English
- Computer knowledge: Basic knowledge of MS Office Remuneration Salary is highly competitive within industry standards
- As Master onboard, Surfer Pilot is responsible for all aspects of safe vessel operation, at all time
- He has full authority and responsibility to take any and all measures necessary to ensure safety: safeguard human life, protects assets and prevent pollution.
- Responsible and in charge of Navigation, Preparation, Maneuvering the vessel and managing emergency situations
- Supervise passengers and cargo transfer
- Ensures vessel tidiness and cleanliness, and routine maintenance
- In charge of compliance to Bourbon and Clients policies and procedures; Motivating personnel to apply policies and follow procedures, by providing information and familiarization and by carrying out emergency drills
- Conduct crew management and training
- In charge of reporting technical or operational incident to the Management necessary and practicable to do.
- Ensuring that the bridge is sufficiently manned at all times, taking into consideration the prevailing conditions and the principles of safe manning.
- Reporting (Daily/Weekly/Monthly) as applicable and required.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to be a part of an international company powered by technology and customer interaction
- Explore your passion for innovation and your desire to join a leader. You’ll enjoy an open, high performance culture that encourages idea generation and thought exploration
- Exposure to working in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment, as well as the most recent trends of global Marine and Logistics technology.
- Continuous learning and development
- On the job training and mentorship programs provided by senior experts in the industry.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed