Job Offer: Procurement & Logistic Assistant at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Logistic Assistant
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to Operations Manager.
Under the supervision of Operations Manager She/he will be responsible to ensure timely, cost effective and safe delivery of goods and services to clients and to assist in the implementation of well-coordinated procurement and logistics activities. His/her duties include:
- Prepare all necessary documentation for handling logistics of goods and services procured in accordance with Creative/USAID rules and regulations, and any other documents as needed;
- Maintain the records on procurement process and related documents and files to ensure transparency and accountability;
- Updating of the procurement document of Reqlogic regularly.
- Maintain a database of goods in movement and deliveries completed;
- Assist in monitoring deliverables under contracts awarded and prepare documentation for review by the procurement team.
- Undertake field missions when required;
- Collect necessary documents and information to process purchase orders and letter agreements such as blanket purchase agreement
- Keep up-to-date electronic database, documentation of necessary information and deliverables in the files
- Keep abreast of relevant products/services market developments;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Responsible for managing daily vehicle movement for the office
- Ensure that all rented vehicles are in good working conditions
- Ensure that all NEI Plus owned and rented vehicles are using NEI Plus log sheet record properly
- Ensure that all NEI Plus drivers have a valid driving licenses at all the times
- Update general inventory list timely as soon as new assets are procured
- Ensure that all Creative NEI Plus project assets are given unique tagged number
- Conducting periodic physical verification/ tracking of the assets on quarterly basis
- Send inventory report to the operations Manager on quarterly basis.
- Support other office operations as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- College degree in Purchasing or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in procurement and Administration
- Ability to work under pressure
- Planning and scheduling skills;
- Experience in a USG or donor funded project or NGO preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- English fluency including business terminology required.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Application Closing Date
7th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a brief Cover Letter as one MS Document or PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the Job Position as the subject line of the mail.
Note: If the above instruction is not followed application will not be considered.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed