Vacancy for a Driver (PROSELL) at Oxfam Nigeria
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver (PROSELL)
Req ID: 5524
Location: Jalingo - Taraba
Internal Job Grade: F1
Contract type: One year (Renewable based on performance and funding)
Reporting to: Supply & Logistics Officer
- WAEC/ OND in any discipline
- A minimum of 7 years driving experience
- A minimum of 3-4 years professional driving experience in a structured organisation
- Knowledge of traffic rules and road cautions
- Experience in fleet management
- Experience with providing support services to the project team is an added advantage
- Experience working with other INGOs/NGO’s is an added advantage
- Must have a Valid Drivers License
- Good written and spoken English skills with the ability to speak the local language as an added advantage.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- Good phone etiquette
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization and task management skills
- Good team player
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Key Behavioral Competencies
- Decisiveness: We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.
- Influencing: We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organization We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
- Humility: We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.
- Relationship Building: We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization. We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organization.
- Listening: We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
- Mutual Accountability: We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.
- Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity: We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with a lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
- Systems Thinking: We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well-unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
- Strategic Thinking and Judgment: We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
- Vision Setting: We have the ability to identify and lead visionary initiatives that are beneficial for our organization and we set high-level direction through a visioning process that engages the organization and diverse external stakeholders.
- Self-Awareness: We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.
- Enabling: We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organization's goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job. We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support.
- PROSELL is an EU-funded project currently implemented by Oxfam in Taraba State and a local partner Development Exchange Center (DEC). Oxfam is advertising the position for a Driver to be based in PROSELL office Jalingo who will be expected to drive and maintain the project vehicle. The successful candidate will:
- Driving of Official Vehicle.
- Washing and Cleaning of the Vehicle on a regular basis.
- Effective management of vehicle logbook
- Ensuring timely service of the project vehicle
- Under the supervision of the Supply and Logistics Officer, ensures that office Generator fueling and Logbook are managed appropriately
- May be assigned to keep some relevant records of the office where necessary.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Line manager.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Apply via EmploymentNigeria
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.
- Qualifed female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed