Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Treasury Officer - Foreign Payment
Requisition ID: Treasury001
Employment Type: Full time
- Liaise with Global Trade Department and Banks on all LCs processed for all plants and ensuring update of LCs register.
- Liaise with all plants in respect of pending import documentations for spares, equipment, and raw materials for cement manufacturing.
- Collation of all plant’s requests in respect of forms M and LCs processing for spares, equipment and other raw materials and follow up with Global Trade and Banks to ensure seamless processing
- Maintain registers of all forms M showing update on issuance, LC establishment and unutilized balances.
- Advise all processed LCs to the Plants immediately on receipt of transmitted telexes from the bank.
- Preparation of approval memos for funding & payment of Letters of Credit
- Generate letter for funds transfers to banks for funding of operations accounts for FX Bids through CBN & Interbank Purchases.
- Review bank statements for debits in respect of LCs cost and Trade Line Charges and forward it to accounts for immediate posting.
- Prepare daily balances and sales collection reports
- Analyse daily statements of accounts and ensure all exceptions are taken up for appropriate corrections either by the bank or by Treasury Unit.
- Generate Account Statements to reconcile payments that have been made from for CBN Bids or LCs establishment.
- Supervise Proper and orderly filing by providing necessary documents to the Scanning Officer to enhance easy storage and retrieval
- Any other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor and the Group Treasurer & RCFO / GCFO
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- 3 - 6 years relevant work experience.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good Organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Treasury best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Login And Apply