Nurse / Midwife (RN / RM) at Royal Hospital
Royal Hospital, a National Health Insurance Scheme accredited health care provider and one of the first ever private hospitals located in Enugu, is recruiting qualified candidates for immediate employment in the position below:
Job Title: Nurse / Midwife (RN / RM)
Employment Type: Full Time
Responsibilities and Attributes
- Provides direct and indirect care for assigned patients in various nursing units and per scheduled shift
- Role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients across the healthcare continuum involving families
- Managing patients with various medical cases
- Perform patient assessment using appropriate, problem focused, and age-specific assessment techniques
- Analyze the assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities according to patients’ needs, formulate a plan of care, implement and evaluate the outcome
- Document all relevant data in the medical record according to hospital standards
- Treat patients and families with care and respect while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality
- Involve the patient, significant others, and health care providers in the plan of care when appropriate
- Collaborate with other disciplines through multidisciplinary meetings and care conferences to facilitate patient care and operations
- Initiate appropriate discharge plan
- Recognize subtle cues to anticipate potential problems
- Demonstrate required assessment and therapeutic skills
- Implement and monitor infection control measures
- Apply safety measures related to patient care
- Operate all unit-required equipment safely
- Ensure availability and maintenance of supplies and equipment needed for the unit and patient care
- Administer medications, monitor desirable and undesirable effects and intervene appropriately
- Ensure that patients are provided with appropriate nutrition
- Manage patients with infectious diseases when applicable
- Manage pediatric patients with infectious diseases when applicable
- Strictly follow clinical guidelines and standard operating procedures set by the hospital management
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety
- Assess patient and family readiness and identifying learning needs.
Candidate must possess the following:
- Must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria as staff nurse (RN) / Midwife (RM),
- Must have 2-4 years cognate clinical experience in direct patient care and a minimum of 12 months in a multiple bed hospital.
- Age: Not more than 45 years.
Remuneration for Position
Very attractive, highly competitive and negotiable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications with a detailed resume and three verifiable references, attaching all credentials and Birth Certificates or Statutory Declaration of Age to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
- All applications must be received on or before the closing date.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed