Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children's development organizations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively.
- Working in both the development and humanitarian sphere across 18 States in Nigeria delivering life changing services and support. In the next 5 years, Plan International Nigeria aims to Transform Power Relations in Favour of Girls and will not stop until 10 million girls can learn, lead, decide and thrive.
- The position holder is responsible to provide technical support for users; and to manage and administer local IT infrastructure and corporate systems under the direction of the IT Coordinator.
Dimensions of the Role
- Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- IT operational plans
- Security and access control for data and network devices.
- Assist in performing hardware and software installation procedures
- Perform software configuration on stand-alone computers and laptops
- Provide support in diagnosing hardware and software issues and troubleshooting activities
- Support with documenting all processes in reference manuals for training and guidance
- Assist in hardware and software inventory management
- Handle periodic maintenance of hardware and software
- Troubleshoot equipment such as printers and scanners and other peripherals
- Take telephone calls from users and attempt to assist them with their information technology questions and problems
- Handle IT-related documentation and make sure that all IT supplies are available
- Assist in gathering user requirements and developing appropriate reports for IT professionals
- Provide users with ongoing assistance in their information technology problems
- Provide support in setting up end-user training activities
- Ensure adherence to corporate standards, design and architecture
- Escalates incidents to ITO / global infrastructure support or local external support contracts as appropriate
- Provide support with user IT training needs and highlight these to the ITO
- Fulfil other tasks set out by supervisors.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems.
- Proven ability and experience in setting up LANs and telecommunications networks
- Experience in supporting and management of LANs
- Familiar with Microsoft Server Administration, Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Embrace Child-centeredness, Child protection, Community participation and partnership
- Manage customer relationships and service
- Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience
- Promotes high performance by all staff
- Networking, sharing information and best practices
- Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions
- Self-management and personal accountability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed