Agridrive Limited is a for profit making social enterprise whose aim is transform African farmers lives through wealth creation by harnessing agribusiness opportunities in Africa. Agridrive specialises in mechanisation service provision, inputs support and agribusiness technical backstopping. It aim to maximize improvements in society and environmental well-being among farmers through commercial agribusiness operations and all it’s profits are used to further this cause. Agridrive Ltd is currently operating in Oyo, Kwara, Ogun, Kogi, Osun, Niger, Delta, Ondo, Ekiti and Abuja and we will be expanding to Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Adamawa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales and Operations Officer
Locations: Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Adamawa
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Master's degree in Agribusiness, Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Business Management, Marketing or related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in commercial sector providing agribusiness solutions to farmers. Hands on experience mechanisation
- service provisions, agri-inputs management, and public relations. Experience in working in agriculture and fodder business is highly desirable.
- Experience in selling, demonstrating, and specializing in products related to farming and a thorough knowledge of the agricultural industry and sales are both essential for success in this role.
- Experience in using Customer Relations Systems and basic agronomic knowledge and practices.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- High levels of negotiations, conflict management, people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with different and tight schedules and to meet stringent deadlines.
- Innovative, creative, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect
- Valid driving licence
- Agridrive Limited is partnering with the dairy industry to improve smallholder dairy farmers’ productivity by increasing their access to improved feed stock for their dairy animals. Through this initiative, Agridrive is introducing commercial fodder production business models. Its target is to increase the average yield of hay and silage to range from 2 to 4 tonnes per ha and ensure a sustainable model where the produced fodder is sold by the Commercial Fodder Producers (CFPs) to Dairy farmers and other livestock farmers. This fodder business initiative will be implemented in Adamawa, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Plateau, with plans for expand to four other States soon. The Sales and Operations Officers are expected to be based in these States but will be reporting to the Abuja Office.
- Agridrive is looking to recruit at least three suitably qualified persons for the position of Sales and Operations Officers for our fodder business to be implemented in Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Adamawa. The job requires a qualified individual who has experience in agribusiness management, agronomy, mechanisation, fodder business, input systems, marketing and working with farmers in a commercial environment. Experience working the respective States in desirable.
Reporting to the Managing Director directly, the Sales and Operations Officers are to ensure efficient and efficient provision of mechanisation services to CFPs and other farmers in Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Adamawa. The duties will involve, but are not limited to:
- Identifying new farmers, fodder and mechanisation needs, screening and mobilisation them into Commercial Fodder Producers (CFPs).
- Supporting farmers with technical assistance in increasing fodder and crop productivity, hay and silage making and marketing.
- Engaging with Community, Self Help Groups (SHG), CFPS and processors to determine the needs for fodder and milk business.
- Establishing fodder production demonstration farms and teaching the CFPs how to produce and harvest hay and silage for sale to local dairy farmers.
- Providing land preparation (ploughing, harrowing, herbicide application), planting and weed management for fodder and crops farms.
- Harvesting, Silage making, storage and marketing of fodder.
- Working with SHGs to provide training and demonstrating the profitability of the intervention to encourage the CFPs to continue the venture by re-investing profits in fodder production in future years.
- Supervising the provision of mechanisation services including the sourcing and delivery of inputs (seeds, fertilizers and herbicides).
- Communicating customer feedback with the operations team and devising ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com and clearly indicate on the email subject “Sales and Operations Officer”.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed