Apply as a Warehouse Data Officer at INTERSOS Nigeria
INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Data Officer
Location: Ngala, Borno
Status: Full time
Duration: 2 Months (with possibility of extension)
Reporting to: Ware House Manager
Starting date: As soon as possible
General Purpose of the Position
- The WH Data Officer should responsible under overall supervision of WH In charge, for the WH/ IT activities, assessment & analysis related data implemented within the framework of the project plans, ensuring that they are delivered following the proposal text agreed upon with the donor, and that these activities are achieving timely results. During absence of WH Coord, position will be wholly accountable for given activities under direct supervision of Project Lead.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop new data collection and data analysis tools, including efficient data capturing forms.
- Cargo tracking on RITA software with the warehouse in- charge and proper takeover in his absence.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain physical and digital records according to standard guidelines considering: update the Relief Item Tracking Application daily to reflect all transactions (new requests, receipt of goods, and release of goods) based on completed documentation; maintain physical records per individual request/consignment per Service User.
- Filling of waybills, consignment reports, labourers pay sheet as well as any relevant document for proper record keeping and documentation.
- Compile data of which actors are in location, what type of activities they do;
- Put together data of Partners contact list (MoU contact & actual contact)
- Collect accurate data for generator usage
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection to staff.
- Prepare and deliver weekly/monthly/mid term / final data reports;
- Keep and share the record of visitor: suggestions - comments - complains
- Take record of car data
- Take minutes of internal/external meetings and keep record
- Archive every day problems / challenges with the solutions given or suggested
- Create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet operational requirements.
- Assist in developing the project data collection plan including monitoring and evaluation tools
- Support the project manager to compile data and present quality statistics that meet user needs and contribute to decision making;
- Keeping the data as up to date as possible;
- Offer IT support and training to INTERSOS staff in Borno
- IT focal point for Borno State
- Be sole responsible for any ICT equipment in Borno
- Performs Handovers and Troubleshooting of IT equipment
- Manages any networking software/ hardware
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer science;
- Minimum 3 years of experience from at national level project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Advance knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions, patience;
- Ability to put up with pressure from government agencies;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- 3 years’ experience in Logistics;
- INTERSOS reserve right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project. Staff will responsible to manage for his/her own accommodation / food;
- Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
- No TA/DA will be provided for the field work appointed to work for;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2019. (Time - 4:00PM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online (doc.)
- Candidates should complete this form above and attach their CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
- Please note that ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- Please note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed