Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter - Cement Industry, DCP
Requisition ID: GbokoMechanical008
Location: Gboko, Benue
Employment Type: Full time
Category: DCP - Operations
Reporting to: Shift Supervisor
- Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to the installation, maintenance, repair and service of mechanical equipment, instruments and structures used within the plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance and repair duties for the plant.
- Inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and service facilities, machinery and equipment and perform or make recommendations regarding maintenance and repair activities.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance checks and servicing on equipment by implementing maintenance schedules.
- Perform corrective mechanical maintenance by troubleshooting the cause of malfunctions using visual inspection and precision measuring and testing instruments and replacing or repairing broken parts.
- Rebuild equipment as needed; disassemble and clean items; order replacement parts and repair mechanical malfunctions; reassemble and test items.
- Work with engineers as needed in order to complete assignments; provide input as requested regarding the design, installation and maintenance of systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics; provide input and recommend changes on design blueprints as requested.
- Operate and maintain a variety of hand and power tools used in the performance of assigned duties.
- Prepare reports, forms, correspondence and related documentation regarding assigned operations in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Adhere to safety orders and comply with established regulations in all aspects of work.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Engineers from time to time.
- ND or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
- At least 4 years work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of methods and techniques of implementing a preventive and predictive maintenance program.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skill.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed