FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance & Administrative Officer
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Supervisor: State Program Manager
Job Title: Full time
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in office management and administration.
- CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required.
- Experience in managing financial records of donor-funded organizations, and familiarity with donor and local contractual procedures is an advantage.
- This position will report to the State Program Manager and will be responsible for accounting and finance and overall administration for the state office and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of Nigeria’s programs/projects with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide main support with problem resolution on CO cash accounts, bank resolutions, finance systems, resolution of audited questioned costs, and financial close outs at the state level.
- Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the state office, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities.
- Oversee contractual issues for the state office.
- Ensure continuous flow of funds to state office and to sub recipients.
- Provide support to and coordinate the FHI 360/Nigeria activities within USAID and PEPFAR guidelines and regulations.
- With relevant parties from programs, finance and contracts and grants, develop subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Oversee capacity building activities and other support to local implementing agencies (IAs) in the focus states
- Serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the field office (as relevant).
- Keep proper office records/filings as appropriate.
- Record minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the field staff.
- Coordinate all travel details/logistics for the staff, consultants and TDyers’ including booking hotel accommodations and arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Provide logistic support for workshops and trainings.
- Coordinate all records/storage of supplies for the country office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Routine coordination with FHI employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial and related management information.
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Apply via EmploymentNigeria
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed