Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. AHNi was established as an affiliate of the Family Health International (FHI 360), a nonprofit human development organization serving more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories, to sustain FHI's achievements.
To strengthen this operations and interventions in the North-East part of the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Technical Assistant - GIS & Database Support
Location: Akwa Ibom
- With the Deputy Director - Technical and Senior Technical Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), the Technical Assistant - GIS & Database Support, will provide geo-spatial analysis, database management technical and programmatic support to implement high quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS programs (ART, PMTCT TB/HIV, RH/HIV, and HTS) and other services including hotspot mapping, to provide deeper insights into data, such as patterns, relationships, and situations
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geography / GIS Studies / Geography & Regional Planning, Database Management, Health Informatics or related field;
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant GIS, data systems work, programming and analytic experience;
- Familiarity with client/server or multi-platform application development.
- Must be skilled in the use of GlS applications as Arch GIS, QGIS, White box Spatial Analysis, Google Earth pro e.t.c
- A sound understanding of HIV/AIDS, TB and TB/HIV technical areas.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Suitability Statement (Applications) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNI-M&Ejobs@ahnigeria.org with the "Job Title and Location" clearly indicated as the subject of the email.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only applications sent electronically (I.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed