Offer: Chief Risk Officer at a New Commercial Bank - Workforce Group
Workforce Group - Our client is a new non-interest Commercial Bank operating in Lagos State. The bank is set to change the way banking is done in Nigeria and is looking for Workforce Group - Our client is a new non-interest Commercial Bank operating in Lagos State. The bank is set to change the way banking is done in Nigeria and is looking for great minds with proven experience to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Risk Officer
Reporting Line: Managing Director
- A first Degree or equivalent in any discipline
- Recognised professional certification in risk management
- A minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience in risk management or a related area within the financial services industry, out of which at least 7 must have been in banking and 5 years at senior management level.
- Strong knowledge of risks identification, assessment, and management frameworks
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to design and evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded within business processe
- Creating, designing and implementing a risk function that supports the strategic goals of the Bank.
- Set the vision and strategy for the enterprise risk function working in conjunction with all senior management staff across the Bank
- Create an integrated risk framework for the entire organisation
- Maintain a risk portfolio based on the identified applicable laws and regulations, fraud schemes, and AML considerations
- Maintain an inventory of internal controls and map them to key risk areas
- Track the progress of remediation of control weaknesses identified by Internal Audit, self-testing, stress testing or controls assessment
- Assist in the development and monitoring of key risk indicators (KRIs) that are mapped to various risks to determine elevations in risk and proactively implement risk mitigation measures
- Identify emerging risks that present new regulatory, fraud, or money laundering risks
- Coordinate the collection of risk information from source systems, departments, reporting and analysing the data to be applied to various key risk areas in the Bank
- Manage the publication, dissemination, and availability of compliance and financial crimes policies and procedures
- Partner effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others, as appropriate and serve as a role model for high personal and corporate ethical values and standards of integrity
- Manage the credit risk, liquidity risk, operational risk and information security risk strategies and policies
- Manage capital adequacy and liquidity adequacy compliance.
Application Closing Date
29th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Apply via EmploymentNigeria
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed