HRLeverage delivers excellent spectrum of HR Business Solutions through a custom-built approach for organizations. We recognize and strongly support the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strive to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, or disability status.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager- Wholesale
Job Reference indicator: RSM
Job grade: Manager
- Functionally reportsinto: Managing Director
- Administratively reports to: Managing Director
- Supervises: Regional Sales Team members
- Represents the company to the distribution channel and the channel to the company in all sales-oriented activities
- Grow the base business,.i.e. growing new business opportunities(Volume and Value) in the named territory
- Tailor strategy and solutions to meet the needs of channel members and interface with marketing to understand end-customer needs and facilitate channel solution development to meet those needs
Duties and Responsibilities
- This role is responsible for executing long- and short-term Sales strategies across all channels of distribution and secondary outlets in the assigned territories or markets.
- Revenue accountability is associated with this role, and it will carry a direct quota
- Physically call on the qualified 3rd party outlets and retail chains to build long term working relationships.
- Work with these qualified 3rd party retail outlets for each chain to establish a strong in-store visibility for our products.
- Sell-in and coordinate promotional execution of the company’s retail outlet focussed programs.
- Advise account buyers of all media activity, national promotions, unique point of sale items, etc.
- Conducts scheduled & unscheduled visits to Channel partners as part of account coverage and to meet reporting requirements.
- Ensure the local channel partnershave the proper resources, tools, information, and monitoring mechanisms in place to ensure the sales objectives are attained.
- Acquire new accounts and new distribution outlets along with achieving volume and sales goals.
- Advise senior management of competitive pricing, promotions, sales trends and other competitive activity as well as a reasonable action plan.
- Collaborate with management to analyze brand sales by retail outlets to facilitate growth opportunities.
- Monitor retail outlets’ performance.
- Directs the sales operations in his/her assigned territories, working with wholesalers, stockists and retailers.
- Executes Sales programs to achieve targets or quotas as part of the organisation’s overall business objectives.
- Assist in the recruiting, training, and development of Sales Roles
- Typically manages business development executives directly
- Typical revenue responsibility will be determined by the National Sales Manager and or COO.
Key Perfomance Indicators:
- Net sales from Region
- Sales volume (SKU cases price x cases shipped)
- Operational Profit (COGS/Cost of Sales)
- Market Share in region
- % Revenue Growth (New Business) in Region
- New Outlets acquired
- New outlets on-boarded
- Sell-in value & velocity to Channel
- Sell-out value & velocity from channel
- % Staff Turnover of Top Performing Staff
- Forecast Accuracy
- % Revenue Forecast Accuracy – 1/3/6 month
- % Share of Wallet per retail outlet account managed
- Business Performance Reviews Conducted with Outlet owners
- Timely Reporting (Weekly/Monthly)
- % of sales reports on-time
- Sales Team Performance
- Sales Team Development Activities Conducted
Minimum Education Qualification
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's Degree an advantage
- 5-6 years of sales experience in a consumer products company (FMCG) across multiple channels of trade, including wholesale and retail outlets.
- People management & supervision experience.
- 1 year of P&L, strategic planning, and/or budgeting experience. Experience with salesforce automation or CRM is essential to success
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Business Acumen.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
- Presentation Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Organizational Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: resume@HRLeverageafrica.com using the "Job title" as subject of the email.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed