Deloitte Nigeria - Our client, a not for profit project with the objective to support women's improved livelihood opportunities in targeted communities of Nigeria is seeking to fill strategic position below:
Job Title: Community Institution Building Consultant (State & LGA Level)
Locations: Abia, Edo, Kebbi, Niger, Ogun and Taraba
Job Type: Contract
- Master's in Economics, Finance, Human Resource Development.
- 10 years’ experience in Public Sector organizations.
- Experience of working with International donors e,g. The World Bank, AfDB, etc.
- Demonstrative knowledge of developing Capacity Building Plans.
- Knowledge of the GOK systems, policies and structures.
- Good knowledge of election management processes
- Knowledge of Public Policy Development
- Knowledge of Strategic Planning
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Community Institution Building Consultants will provide technical support to the project in its efforts to implement the project in accordance with internationally recognized standards; and to help in building, a sustainable institutional capacity to achieve deliverables that are genuine and periodic; and have the full confidence of the stakeholders.
- The Consultant will engage a broad range of community actors in the formal and informal Institutions, such as Government Institutions, (NGOs), Faith-Based Organizations (FBOs) etc. to enable them contribute as partners investing in the sustainability and effectiveness of the project.
- Conduct assessment of the various institutions within the communities to understand the existing systems, structures and entry points; The result of the assessment will be utilized appropriately to reach the various stakeholders in the community
- Assist in the identification of project champions at state, LGA and Ward levels
- Work with the LGA and Wards to conduct the LGA assessment. This will be done in collaboration with the FPCU, SPCUs & LPIUs and others;
- The Consultant will partner with various community-based groups, from grassroots organizations to local and state departments, to build Institutional capacity and remove institutional barrier;
- Facilitate LGA missions for continuous engagement with SPCUs, LPIUS and other Stakeholders on Institution Building activities;
- Support in carrying out Project Capacity Building; as well as provision of cross-sectoral support within the project;
- Provide technical backstopping to the project by ensuring quality control of all Institution Building activities at all levels;
- Assess the Project’s technical, operational and human resources needs. This assessment should include recommendations for practical and cost-effective means of offering targeted assistance.
- Conduct an internal capacity assessment that evaluates existing structures, procedures and capacities; analyze expected workload; and identify areas where additional capacities need to be established.
- Build on the knowledge and capacity that is already present in the project; making more effective use of locally available resources; and introducing new knowledge in a way that is sustainable.
- Develop capacity to plan, organize and implement and manage different project Cycles in a professional, independent and sustainable manner over time.
- Any other task assigned by the Project Coordinator.
Application Closing Date
12th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Apply via EmploymentNigeria
Note: For State Level applications, applicants should specify their state of interest.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed