Deloitte Nigeria - Our client, a not for profit project with the objective to support women's improved livelihood opportunities in targeted communities of Nigeria is seeking to fill strategic position below:
Job Title: Young Professional - Gender (State Level)
Locations: Abia, Edo, Kebbi, Niger, Ogun and Taraba
Job Type: Contract
- The Young Professionals will provide support to strengthen the quality of implementation of each of the components of the Project.
- The young professionals will deliver technical leadership in developing anchor sector strategies, implementation plans, knowledge products and other documents as required.
- They will ensure that project interventions are performed as planned and to bring about the desired impacts as listed in the project results framework through monitoring, evaluation, research and documentation of lessons learnt.
Provide support in the following:
- Provide technical leadership to the federal and state teams on gender and gender-based violence (GBV - prevention and mitigation) issues across the project;
- Work closely with the respective specialists to develop women’s empowerment strategies and work plans for the project;
- Facilitate gender trainings with project staff and program stakeholders for project staff and community stakeholders; support addressing social norms with champions including traditional, religious and community leaders;
- Liaise with the relevant organizations, associations, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors to enhance women’s’ participation in social and economic spheres;
- Design and conducts project gender analysis with key findings and actionable recommendations, and integrate analysis results into a comprehensive gender integration plan;
- Collaboratively implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision for the project;
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to gender dimensions of technical activities and operations, and discuss gender issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists;
- Liaise with technical component leaders to ensure that gender considerations are assessed and accounted for;
- Write project reports and prepares internal documentation as required;
- Maintain active relationships with gender specialists and others in related organizations and programs in the project states; the country and the region;
- Maintain an up-to-date and thorough understanding of gender issues related to project components;
- Support the FPCU on all aspects of GBV risk identification, mitigation and management under the project including any GBV and Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) reporting requirements. The specialist will support the SPCUs to reassess the GBV/SEA risk throughout project implementation and ensure that the mitigation strategy is updated for newly identified risks;
- Coordinate with UNFPA SGBV sub-working group, SRH discussions, and other relevant groups to raise issues and influence to engage with other clusters to determine which sectoral programs /interventions target women, and young girls, etc. in relation to addressing GBV;
- Ensure that the Consultations/ Stakeholders Engagement Plan includes provisions or a communication strategy to inform potential risks and impacts on local communities related to GBV and the existing mitigation measures;
- Based on the project’s initial GBV risk assessment, prepare internal guidelines defining the approach for the preparation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of SEA/GBV prevention and response on the project that could be used as a framework.
- Minimum of First Degree or Master's degree in Gender Studies, Development Studies, Political Science or other related field
- A professional qualification will be added advantage
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in programme management of gender equality, gender mainstreaming or women empowerment policies/projects/programmes
- Knowledge of gender equality at the institutional level with at least five (5) years of experience in planning, design, preparation and delivery of gender equality strategies, preferably for UN Agencies
- Strong understanding of UN system frameworks and structures, particularly those related to gender equality and women’s empowerment, both in programme and operations.
Application Closing Date
12th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Apply via EmploymentNigeria
Note: Applicants should specify their state of interest.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed