New Offer: Quantitative Interviewer at Medecins Sans Frontieres - France
Medecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Jahun, Jigawa State MSF France works with the MoH to in maternal and new-born health in the Jahun Government hospital and in some primary health care facilities.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its office in Jahun to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantitative Interviewer
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
- The AMoCo Study (Abortion-related Morbidity and mortality in Conflict-affected settings) aims to describe and estimate the burden of abortion-related complications, particularly near-miss complications and deaths, and their associated factors among women presenting for abortion-related complications in health facilities supported by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in African fragile and/or conflict-affected settings.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list):
- Implement the data collection of the quantitative interview component in the questionnaire in compliance with the study protocol, and seek assistance from the Site Study Coordinator, when necessary
- Ensure full implementation of Good Clinical Practices principles, especially the ethical principles;
- Implement the procedures of women enrollment and informed consent for participation in the quantitative interview in compliance with the study protocol;
- Complete the filling of the quantitative questionnaires and all the forms related to the quantitative interview;
- Ensure all documents of the quantitative interview component are present and secured in the Study site files and update them regularly;
- Assist with the organization and safety of the quantitative interview component (informed consents, questionnaires, etc.);
- Facilitate the logistics of clients and ensure that all the steps are completed ethically and seamlessly, including referral processes to professionals and services as needed by the women, referral to the qualitative interview if eligible; etc.
- If necessary, assist in the implementation of the internal monitoring plan
- Assist and accompany the site study coordinator with all other study-related tasks as needed.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Degree in Social Science, Public Health, Social Support/Assistance, Education or equivalent
- Experience in supporting women in vulnerable situations (for e.g. reproductive health issues like sexual violence, abortion-related issues, etc.);
- Experience in quantitative interview (quantitative questionnaires) preferably on sexual and reproductive health or other sensitive issues
- Empathy, effective interpersonal supportive skills and clear sensitivity to vulnerable women’s reproductive health issues
- Languages: Fluent English (speaking, reading, writing); Fluent Hausa (speaking, reading and writing is an advantage)
- Computer Literacy: Excel and Word required.
- Work Location: Jahun, Jigawa State, Nigeria,
- Permanent position: subject to probationary period
- Gross salary per month: N334,159 (Three Hundred Thirty Four Thousand One Hundred Fifty Nine Naira)
Application Closing Date
29th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV, qualifications and contact details by email to: email@example.com using "Quantitative Interviewer" as the subject of the mail.
- Non-compliant or late applications will not be considered
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed