Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Jahun, Jigawa State MSF France works with the MoH to in maternal and newborn health in the Jahun Government hospital and in some primary health care facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Study Clinician
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
Permanent position: Subject to probationary period
- The AMoCo Study (Abortion-related Morbidity and mortality in Conflict-affected settings) aims to describe and estimate the burden of abortion-related complications, particularly near-miss complications and deaths, and their associated factors among women presenting for abortion-related complications in health facilities supported by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in African fragile and/or conflict-affected settings.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list)
- Implement the data collection of the medical record review component in compliance with the study protocol hand in hand with the clinician in charge of the medical management of the eligible and included women, and seek assistance from the Site Study Coordinator, when necessary
- Ensure full implementation of Good Clinical Practices principles, especially the ethical principles;
- Monitor and facilitate the procedures of patient opt-out processes for the medical record review component;
- Identify eligible women to the medical record review, screen them for eligibility and then include them if they are eligible and if they didn’t opt-out
- Complete the filling of case report forms and all forms related to the medical record review hand in hand with the clinician in charge of the medical management of the eligible and included women;
- Identify women eligible for quantitative and qualitative interviews in compliance with the study protocol and inclusion and exclusion criteria set out in that document
- Propose to eligible women to get more information about the quantitative and/or qualitative interviews components
- If they accept, link them with the adequate interviewers who will proceed with the informed consent processes to participate in the interviews
- Ensure all documents of the medical record review components are present and secured in the Study site files and update them regularly;
- Assist with the organization and safety of the medical record review documents;
- Facilitate the logistics of clients and ensure that all the steps are completed ethically and seamlessly, including introduction to the quantitative and qualitative interview processes;
- If necessary, assist in the implementation of the internal monitoring plan
- Assist and accompany the site study coordinator with all other study-related tasks as needed.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: Medical/clinical Diploma: medical doctor, midwife (or obstetric nurse) with Diploma of Epidemiology or Public Health, or other relevant degree, preferred but not essential
- Experience: Experience in the provision of Post-Abort care and in in clinical research.
- Other: Interest in research on maternal health
- Languages: Fluent English (speaking, reading, writing); Fluent Hausa (speaking , reading and writing) is an advantage
- Computer Literacy: Excel and Word required.
Gross salary per month: N380,942 (Three hundred eighty thousand nine hundred forty two Nairas)
Application Closing Date
29th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV, Qualifications and contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the "Study Clinician" as subject of your mail.
- Non-compliant or Late applications will Not Be Considered.
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed