Vacant Position: State Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist - Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist - Nigeria IHP
- Master's degree in Social Science, Statistics or relevant field
- Progressively demonstrable experience (at least six years) in M&E of donor funded projects and developing local capacities
- Experience in designing and implementing M&E programs, including developing logical framework, M&E methods and other strategic planning approaches and integrating gender in M&E Plans.
- Essential skills: management, analytical, communication, documentation and, presentation
- Preferable skills: Analytical and ability to design data collection instruments, data analysis, data interpretation, reporting, and dissemination. With evidence of successful implementation of quantitative, qualitative and participatory research methods
- Should have working knowledge of the local environment- Nigeria and/or The FCT State and relevant stakeholders.
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium seeks a State Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) – Task Order 7 – Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
- The purpose of Task Order 7 is to implement priority primary health interventions in the FCT state to strengthen the state local area council (LAC) and ward level health systems. The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services b) improve access to PHC services; and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with state government is expected throughout the program.
- Task Order 7 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
- Serve as the main point of contact for monitoring and evaluation issues for Task Order 7 in The FCT State in close consultation with the IDIQ Monitoring, Evaluation and Leaming Director
- Perform overall monitoring and evaluation functions of the Integrated Health Project activities in The FCT state, including establishing a monitoring and evaluation strategy and framework
- Establish an M&E strategy and framework for monitoring performance of Task Order 7
- Develop an M&E plan that specifies baselines, output, outcome and impact indicators, annual targets, data sources, and major assumptions for Task Order 7
- Identify data analysis and operational research agenda for project activities
- Developing a system for data quality assessment
- Develop M&E capacity of state officials
- Mentor and guide other M&E officers in the state
- Assess project progress and communicating gaps to the Technical Director or Task Order Director
- Perform data analysis of survey data and compile required analytical reports
- Prepare required documents for USAID/Nigeria and reporting including major achievements and success stories
- Participate in M&E Technical Working Group Meeting, State Health Data Consultative Committees.
Applications Closing Date
2nd December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Apply via EmploymentNigeria
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation
- Practical understanding and application of donor regulations in large and complex projects is highly desired
- Excellent computer skills including and proficiency in the use of MS Words and Excel etc.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed