Job Alert: General Manager, Manufacturing & Sales Operations at Alan & Grant
Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Manufacturing & Sales Operations
Zip/Postal Code: 240211
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
Job Type: Full time
- The General Manager will be responsible and accountable for all line and staff activities within assigned area required for effective manufacturing, sales and distribution of company products.
- He/She will be responsible for the preparation and implementation of the Plant’s annual business plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Control of all operational aspects including; revenue growth, profit, operations & production, quality, product development, health & safety, finance and compliance within assigned
- Prepare an annual manufacturing plan and policy guidelines to drive the performance of key result areas on production activities and continuous implementation monitoring.
- Proactively monitor sales and distribution activities to ensure efficient and adequate supply of finished goods and optimum deployment of transportation to facilitate distribution to customers.
- Optimally make sure that manufacturing units improve on the standard efficiencies in terms of Machine efficiencies, material yields, labor and overhead costs versus budget.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained at all times and do not suffer in the quest for cost optimization.
- Implement a Plant Performance Tracking System which includes the key performance indicators covering manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance, manpower levels andfinance.
- Monitor materials usage at individual plants and ensure wastage and losses are minimal and not in excess of set standards.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of an effective preventive engineering maintenance schedule in line with budgeted costs.
- Oversee the cost-effective management of all outsourced transportation service in consistence with budgeted levels of costs.
- Develop and nurture a dynamic and competent workforce through a robust performance driven culture.
- Provide the strategic leadership, team spirit and the drive to ensure achievement of company objectives across all reporting activities.
Requirements, Qualification and Competencies
- Minimum of 15 years working experience in the Manufacturing space, with at least 3 years in a senior management position.
- A first degree, either B.Sc./HND in Engineering or Environmental Sciences. A post graduate degree in a relevant field will be an advantage.
- Strong Leadership/Coaching skill
- Communication skill
- Collaborative skill
- Problem Solving and Decision Making skill
- Result Oriented
- Ability to take initiative Membership of relevant professional bodies
- Effectiveness in managing production operation.
- Effectiveness in waste management.
- Timeliness in production starts up.
- Performance of Quality policies.
- Effective management of production equipment.
- Effective management of sales operations.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed