Opening for a Legal Consultant at RTI International
RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Consultant
E-WASH is seeking to recruit a Corporate Lawyer on a short-term consultancy basis to undertake a desk review of the draft state-based water and sanitation bills. The Lawyer must be available from around November 18, 2019 for at least 2 weeks. The main activities of the assignment include:
- Review the draft legislation and advise if they meet the corporatization approach in Nigeria
- Identify any further gaps and provide solutions to address the loopholes
- Ensure the bill meets the minimum requirements for the establishment of corporations -owned by Government but operating as if they are private companies.
- Minimize any ambiguity to allow for ease of understanding of the instrument by stakeholders and general public.
Qualifications and Experience
- If you meet the following minimum qualifications and experience, then do kindly apply.
- At least a B.Sc and 15 years or M.Sc and 10 years' experience in Law, Political Science or Public Policy on drafting legislation for public or private enterprises
- Knowledge and experience in corporatizing state owned enterprises
- Experience in privatizing former public owned enterprises
- Experience as a Corporate Lawyer
- Familiarity with good corporate governance guidelines and drafting of Board of Directors Charters
- A former legislator either at state or federal level will be a great advantage
- Experience in editing of legal framework to conform with international best practice and standards
- Ability to use current MS Word computer package
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English language
We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 8th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter and CV as One Single MS WORD document to: STTA@ewash.rti.org Email Subject line should read Legal Consultant-Abuja
- On the subject LINE of your email you should only put the Email Subject line as indicated above (no other text should be on this subject line) that you are applying.
- Consultants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for negotiations.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed