The Federal Polytechnic Ede, Osun State, was established on 14th February, 1992 by the Federal Government as a third generation Polytechnic. As a fast growing institution, it runs forty (40) National Diploma and thirty (30) Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes in four (4) Schools and twenty-one (21) Academic Departments.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below that will be vacant from 1st April 2020:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
Location: Ede, Osun
The Polytechnic Librarian is:
- A Principal Officer and Head of the Library Department of the Polytechnic
- Responsible to the Rector in the day-to-day administration and control of the Library
- The custodian of the Polytechnic Library materials and resources
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants for the post of Polytechnic Librarian must:
- Possess a good Bachelor’s Degree with Masters in Library Studies/Science (M.L.S.) plus 15 years cognate experience or Ph.D. in Library and Information Science with 12 years cognate experience:
- Not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of duty; and
- Be a Chief Lecturer/Chief Librarian in a Polytechnic or similar institution for at least five (5) years and must be computer literate.
Terms of Appointment & Conditions of Service
- The conditions of service for the position is the same as obtained in all Federal Polytechnics in the Country. The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointees shall enjoy benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government and as attached to the office of Principal Officers in the Polytechnic.
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their Application and Curriculum Vitae, giving information in the order listed below:
- Full Name (with surname underlined)
- Post Applied For
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Local Government and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address (Not P.O. Box or P.M B)
- Current Postal Address (including GSM number and e-mail address)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Certificates Obtained with Dates
- Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Publications (if any, and where applicable)
- Working Experience (General and Specific Experience with Dates)
- Evidence of Community Service (with dates)
- Present Employment (showing date and salary)
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees who should forward their confidential report directly to the address below. Such referees should be able to attest to the applicant’s suitability for the post.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of Polytechnic Librarian" on the top left hand corner, addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Federal Polytechnic Ede,
PMB 231, Ede,
Note: Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials if invited for interview.
Login And Apply