Catilas Resources Limited is an outsourcing and advisory services Company. Our focus is to help our clients leverage their core capabilities to optimize market opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Actuarial
Job Type: Full Time
- The role is to analyze the financial costs of risk and uncertainty
- Applying mathematics, statistics, and financial theory to assess the risk that an event will occur and help the business and clients develop policies that minimize the cost of that risk.
Valuation and Reporting:
- Accurate and timeous reporting (monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual).
- Communicate any delays early (from receiving information to outputs).
- Ensure that Head of Finance and CEO have the detail and explanations of any movements in numbers to be reported before submission.
- Update and manage forecasts.
- Provide input into Exco reports.
- Actuarial input in budgets.
- Prepare valuation reports.
- Ensure that management understand any variations in results and forecasts and understand the consequences of decisions/changes, e.g. change in expenses.
- Provide early warning on trends that could impact forecasts/results.
- Embedded value reporting.
- Sign-off by Statutory Actuary within timelines
- Improve process of controls / governance with aim to reduce mistakes.
- Maintain, develop and roll-out actuarial policies and standards
- Accurate and timely experience monitoring.
- Feedback loop into management actions and assumptions setting.
- Focus on additional items that add value (from data investigations).
Actuarial Risks Management:
- Ensure and monitor effectiveness of reinsurance programmes.
- Asset and Liability Matching.
- Identify product risks from experience investigations.
- Drive actuarial committee
Regulatory and Tax:
- Knowledge of regulatory and tax environments in Nigeria and identify ways to influence the environments.
- Ensure tax is being considered consistently.
- Review investment mandates. Asset splits between policyholders (impact on capital) and shareholders. Asset splits between statutory and excess capital, and respective investment strategy.
- Provide input into investment committees for investment strategies.
- Monitoring compliance with investment mandates (add to what is in place).
- Look at actual returns earned compared to expected.
- Track capital and solvency positions. Highlight potential future issues.
Actuarial Team Development:
- Training and oversight of the Actuarial team.
- On-going personal development.
- Stability in the team and build necessary capacity.
- Ensure that actuarial team are motivated, acceptably competent and developed.
Key Performance Indicator
- Building a solid, highly efficient Actuarial function
- Actuarial Reporting
- Meeting regulatory requirements and timelines
- Contributing to profitability.
- A minimum of First Degree in Actuarial Science from a recognized local or international university. Full/Part/Ongoing Professional qualification in Actuarial Sciences is a key requirement
- Minimum of 6-10 years working experience in a generalist or specialist actuarial role in a financial services environment
- People management and team development skills
- Have excellent IT skills and be familiar with Actuarial software packages
- Excellent understanding and use of data for management decision making will be desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Focused and structured in approach, effectively managing multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Creative, confident and professional person with high levels of drive and integrity
Applications Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Apply via EmploymentNigeria
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed