Procurement Officer at Nuru Nigeria Development Initiative Limited by Guarantee
Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO that will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Yola with travels to rural areas in Adamawa
Duration: 1 year with possible renewal
Reports To: Admin Manager
Start Date: ASAP
- As a member of a dynamic team the Procurement Officer will be providing overall support to Nuru Nigeria’s Operation, the procurement Officer will have authority to procure on behalf of NN and commit expenditure externally with third parties.
- He/She will engage with program staff across the organization, as well as suppliers.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders and support them to determine procurement needs quality and delivery requirements across a diverse range of procurement categories.
- Run tender processes from identifying organizational needs with key stakeholders through to award of contract;
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions.
- Maintain vendor relationships and manage supplier performance on contracts.
- Raise and process requests for quotations and research new suppliers for new goods and services.
- Oversee the facilitation of anti-terrorism due diligence checks;
- Ensure adherence to NN donor policies, regulations and laws relating to procurement;
- Compile annual consolidated procurement plans for each project and reviewing them with program staff;
- Recommend amendments and updates to NN procurement procedures per NN donor requirements;
- Inform NN management of significant economic and business issues that may affect the prices of commodities and services that are usually procured by NN.
- And any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Degree/HND in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Procurement Management or any other relevant field
- 3 years relevant working experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel to field sites frequently
- Excellent report writing and reporting
- Ability to operate Microsoft packages and google drive
- Knowledge & Experience working in NGO’s sector most especially in rural/conflict settings.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume/CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com Please reference the "Job Title and Location" on the subject line.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed