Vacancy for a HSE Officer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Rotation
- Drive the ope-rationalization of HSE critical processes (PTW, MOC, etc.) and Integrated safe systems of work - ISSoW (JHA, TBT, LOTO, CSE, Unsafe Acts Auditing — HSEW, PSFO, QA/QC Walkabouts, etc.) on the project and support the contractor teams at the front line (coal face) to ensure consistent and unrelenting application of processes and tools in day- to-day work
- Drive the continuous improvement of HSE culture on the project site by the deployment of various programs and
- Maintain strong HSE surveillance on the project site and continuously tour assigned zones on the project site to identify unsafe conditions and unsafe acts; intervene immediately and record/report as appropriate
- Ensure all incidents including near misses are properly reported, evaluated and investigated in line with established processes.
- Control and monitor site waste and maintain quality and environmental control procedures Support EMP implementation and compliance monitoring at the project site
- Conduct assessments on type of personal protective equipment (PPE) to be utilized for specific tasks and ensure correct application of PPEs on project site at all times
- Provide daily/weekly input of HSE statistics and data to HSE Coordinator
- Support in the execution of Emergency Response drills per Track actions to closure and provide feedback to support review of the Emergency Response plan.
- Establish a system for effectively conducting safety inductions for workers and provide frequent safety training's to all site workers and general construction team
- BSc in Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ post-graduation experience, out of which 5 years should have been spent as a HSE Officer/Inspector on major construction projects of not less than US$50m.
- Professional qualification such as NEBOSH, IDipOSH, IDipSM, or equivalent NISP Level 3 will be added advantange
- Must have good knowledge of construction processes and associated hazards
- Membership of any relevant professional body will be an added advantage
- Experience in construction projects in the Oil and Gas industry will be an added advantange
Application Closing Date
12th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Apply via EmploymentNigeria
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed