Offer: Devops Specialist at Alfred & Victoria Associates
IT and Telecoms
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Devops Specialist
- As a Devops specialist, you will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate systems, help automate and streamline operations and processes as well as build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- You will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues in dev, test and production environments.
Key Role & Responsibilities
- Building independent web based tools, micro services and solutions.
- Utilize various open source technologies to implement integrations requested by customers.
- Building tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash etc; Develop scripts to automate visualization.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions.
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT.
- Deploy updates and fixes.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or MS in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure
Skills and Competencies:
- Previous work experience as a Devops Engineer or similar software engineering role.
- Sound understanding of how various systems work and how IT operations are managed.
- Hands-on experience at least in one scripting language.
- Proven experience with databases including MySQL, Mongo & Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Ruby or Python.
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application received after this time will be automatically rejected.