Pivotage Consulting - Our client, a reputable sales and distribution company, with a focus on improving the wellbeing of the masses through the provision of affordable and widely available branded products, is looking for an experienced and result-driven candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
Ref No: FM / 1121 / DAS
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- Responsible for the selection and management of the right transporter vendor as well as the company’s fleet.
- Ensure the full complement of trucks at all times.
- Responsible for the overall planning of rates and transport cost, coordination and management of the fleet and related general administration.
- Ensure the implementation of the company fleet management policy.
- Ensure all required vehicles are available and in top shape so as to enhance timely and seamless distribution of products or service at minimal cost.
- Responsible for overseeing routine and ad hoc maintenance, obtain tags for new vehicles and renew old ones to ensure schedule fleet management.
- Responsible for planning and preparation of annual transport budget, expenditures as well as analysis of all financial objectives.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation are in compliance with local and state rules and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring sales order and purchase order/PR alongside supply chain management and depot team, to organize fleets as per various schedules and requests.
- Facilitate and implement corrective measures and capacity building to manage the entire fleet towards the achievement of company objectives.
- Plan, process and execute vehicle purchase and vehicle replacement through efficient settlement in all depot.
- Develop and implement standard operational procedures alongside depot team to operate vehicles by advocating best practices in the depot.
- Responsible for the selection of appropriate vehicles and maintenance vendor in conjunction with the Depot Head and maintenance team, so as to ensure all vehicles are in good shape and available to carry out their functions.
- Monitor and ensure the routine and need-based maintenance of the vehicles in conjunction with maintenance team and driver.
- Track and analyze the vehicles-wise cost of fueling, maintenance, and other recurring expenses pertaining to running of the fleet.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training and supervision of depot drivers for compliance with company business process.
- Responsible for the recruitment of external transporters to deliver customer orders in all depot.
- Responsible for portraying a good image of the company by being an exemplary leader who lives the values of the organization, as evident from 360 DNA reviews
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Sales or Social Sciences from a reputable tertiary institution. MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years line experience in Supply Chain Management and Logistics.
- Excellent negotiating, interpersonal, communication, and change management skills.
- Exceptional training and presentations skills, including the ability to make formal presentations internally and externally.
- Proven track record of leadership.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in MS Word format only to: email@example.com using "Fleet Manager" as the subject of the email.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed