3 Openings for Nutrition Assistant at CARE International
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Location: Yunusari, Yusufari and Nguru - Yobe
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Nutrition Officer
- S/he will be required to demonstrate strong competencies in operational leadership, coordination and management of assistance programs for (BSFP) for children under 5 and pregnant and lactating women (PLW) technical sectors as well as capacity building support in Borno State CARE project.
- Additionally, the Nutrition Supervisor will be tasked to monitor and evaluate nutrition Assistant on programs against CARE standards and indicators including data collection and monitoring of Programme impact. In collaboration with other INGOs.
- Coordinate and provide technical support to Joint Assessment Missions (JAMs), nutrition surveys, food security assessments as well as implementation of the joint assessments (JAM) and nutrition survey recommendations.
- The Nutrition Assistant will be required to mainstream the nutritional activities in line with CARE standards to this end, the nutrition supervisor will also provide guidance to LGA partners on policy and methodologies to enhance service delivery at the Host community and camp level.
- The Nutrition Supervisor is required to possess significant experience in inter-agency coordination in management of complex field based operations and emergencies, good knowledge of program management and solid experience in technical field of Nutrition. Proven ability to lead and coordinate the elaboration and implementation of operational plans, assistance operational frameworks, overall operational strategies and standard operating procedures are to be clearly manifested from previous work experience.
- The Nutrition Assistant is expected to have competencies of a skillful leader in guiding and supporting staff, addressing various operational challenges, along with increasing security concerns. Given the stressful nature of security situation, which remains fluid and unpredictable and its high interpersonal and communication skills demands, the nutrition Supervisor will need to be able to fit easily into a complex and highly operative team of various cultural backgrounds.
Qualifications & Experience Required Education
- University degree in any of the following disciplines: Nutrition, Public Health or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in nutrition, public health, development, or food aid support
- Experience with survey methodologies, nutrition assessment and relevant data analysis. Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Nutrition and/or Public Health
- Advanced computers skills at least intermediate skills in windows based word processing, spreadsheet and nutrition/public health software
- Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and organize own work plan
- Resourcefulness, initiative, maturity, tact, advocacy skills
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and public speaking skills
- Understanding of political dynamics, foreign policy decision making procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Commitment to CARE’s Core Values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Excellence and Equality
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral, reliable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office & statistical soft wares skills
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa, Kanuri)
- Strong level of autonomy to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Details focus
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from various backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the "Position" being applied for and the "Location" (in Caps e.g. Nutrition Assistant – Yunusari) to: email@example.com
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed