MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Business Intelligence (Voice)
Division: Enterprise Business Unit
Employment status: Permanent
- To produce analysis in support of MTNN business intelligence strategy, including requirements generation for new data/information needs of the various operating divisions
- To support business users in the production of information systems; delivering reports, certifying data, and participating in implementation of new reporting and analysis, data feeds and translations
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Marketing Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Review the budget process and ensure that quality drivers/assumptions for business plans and the business rules are correctly applied to the process and the forecasting scenarios.
- Use market analysis, customer satisfaction and internal service costing data to develop and manage value based pricing strategies across the full range of MTNN products and services.
- Ensure the integrity of enterprise financial information by applying correct business rules and ensuring they are adhered to.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Promote a sustainable organizational culture that enhances employee productivity and oversee the management of the year on year performance of all dimensions of the Group Culture Audit.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a c lose working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Develop relationships and source reliable contacts for gathering information across other competitor companies and build and maintain knowledge base of competitor activities and a Competitor Intelligence Unit.
- Provide business intelligence services for CEO; Marketing & Sales users by utilizing various tools and drawing on proven proficiency/ experience (including all aspects of the architecture of cube/report design, creation, storage and access).
- Generate information and provide analysis that support customer management, planning and activities to meet MTN strategic requirements.
- Liaise with Marketing, Sales and relevant departments and review information available to ensure adequacy to enhance business decisions.
- Guide management in evaluating the effectiveness of marketing and sales campaigns by interpreting related data and information.
- Estimate projects for business analysis given the data and systems available and reporting needs of end users.
- Review business needs and translate into functional requirements and manage the entire lifecycle for IT deliverables.
- Interact with technical resources to understand and make best use of the corporate analytical systems, data warehouse and translation tools.
- Develop and maintain project plans and coordinate cross-functional activities for tasked projects. Duties include maintaining schedules to ensure timely completion of projects while meeting deadlines and budgetary constraints.
- Communicate with business managers regarding the status of specific projects.
- Oversee the development and implementation of models on attrition and churn in support of Data Mining function.
- Carry out model development, model validation and implementation in a Big Data context
- Develop geographical/regional information/analysis and provide ongoing and ad-hoc reports on essential “health indicators” of the business.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- 6 - 13 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Minimum of 2-3 years in Information Systems and/or analytical business systems
- Relevant experience as a project manager and business process analyst
- Proven experience with SAS, Business Objects, product selection/ proof of concept; data warehousing
- Product and marketing management experience very desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence products, best practices, and implementation approaches required.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2019
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed