Opening for an Accountant at a Multinational Marine Logistics Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a multinational marine logistics company to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lagos Nigeria
- Manage the company financial and account with respect to petty cash, client invoicing, country Taxes, documentation for transactions, monthly accounting reports, expenses / back charging, budgeting and cash requests
- Petty Cash: Prepare a monthly fund request based on operational needs,
- Manage the petty cash and record the movements in Excel. Obtain all supporting documentation for all transactions. Prepare a monthly accounting report and communicate it to finance team in Monaco.
- Manage the supplier payment requests and back charging vouchers: weekly summary of invoice to pay with back charging information to be sent along with supporting documents.
- Manage budgeting and cash requesting if cash levels are low.
- Develop financial plan and provide financial advisory support to Management and Board
- Develop matrices that monitor Profit and Cost Units
- Intercompany Account Management : Manages the intercompany accounts with partners and shipowners
- Foreign Exchange Coordination : Sources for foreign exchange from reputable sources and competitive rates for the company
- Supplier Management : Follow up on credit terms obtained from suppliers and ensures company meets those credit terms
- Credit Control : Monitors client invoicing processes and DSOs. Maintain relationships with staff of client’s organizations in the finance/accounts departments
- Government Authorities : Ensures company makes payments for all licences, permits and tariffs before expiration
- Budget: Prepares Annual budget in conjunction with Head office and also monitors budget performance
- Taxation: Manage the tax consultant hired by company and ensure all tax payments are budgeted for and payments with companies Tax clearance certificates always up to date
- Audit : Work closely with Head Office and external auditors for audits
- PO Management - Develop and maintain the PO structure
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 7 - 10 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the Shipping or Oil and Gas Industry, but not essential.
- Must be a Chartered accountant registered with ICAN or ACCA
- Professional certification in Taxation
- Profficent in SAGE accounting software
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Apply via EmploymentNigeria
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed