Consultant - ICT4D Conference Fundraising Outreach at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant - ICT4D Conference Fundraising Outreach
- To support the ICT4D Conference www.ict4dconference.org with fundraising activities, especially but not limited to outreach to potential sponsors and exhibitors in Nigeria.
The annual ICT4D Conferences, founded in 2010 by Catholic Relief Services (CRS), have proven to be an invaluable opportunity for NGOs, private sector organizations, academia, governmental agencies and foundations to share their experience in using ICT to increase the impact of development and humanitarian response programs and to learn from each other.
These conferences are unique in two regards. They attract a diverse audience of senior executives and technical advisors who bring different insights to the challenge of using ICT to improve the impact of humanitarian relief and development work. They are also highly participatory in that a significant portion of attendees speak and share their practical experiences in applying technology innovations to development challenges and explore partnerships and business models that make such efforts sustainable.
The conferences are a great opportunity for sponsors to raise their profile and meet new and existing clients.
The 12th ICT4D Conference will take place at the Sheraton Hotel in Abuja from April 21-23, 2020.
Led by Catholic Relief Services, the Conference is organized in collaboration with a Partner Consortium and attracts a wide range of VIPs and high-profile speakers (see like above).
- As Sponsorship/ Commercial Partnership Consultant, you will have an exciting opportunity to secure new sponsors and exhibitors for the 12th ICT4D Conference and grow the overall sponsorship portfolio
- You will work closely with the Conference Manager and other CRS colleagues and consultants, who will provide a lot of support and help develop sector knowledge to further the fundraising success.
Specific responsibilities will include but not restricted to:
- Develop, through a consultative sales approach, relationships with relevant businesses and organizations (initially the majority of sales will be telephone based, but meetings are encouraged where possible)
- Follow up on sponsorship/exhibitor enquiries in a timely manner
- Proactively identify potential new sponsors/exhibitors from a range of sources
- Work with Conference Manager to identify new fundraising/commercial partnership opportunities around the ICT4D Conference
- Use the event information provided; ensure all communications are in line with the agreed processes and sponsorship fees. Transparency and integrity are top priority!
- Obtain and record feedback from customers and prospects regarding interests, pricing, topics, sector needs, and competitor activity
- Maintain, complete and accurately record all customer contact information. Copy in the Conference Manager or appointed CRS staff in all correspondence.
- Look after sponsors and exhibitors during the Conference.
Period of Performance
- The period of performance for this work is November 25, 2019 to April 24, 2020.
- Work Location: CRS office, Abuja.
- Attendance of Conference required in Abuja, Nigeria: April 21-23, 2020
- The ideal candidate must have great communication skills and pro-active attitude.
- Background in IT or development sector or a general sales experience is desirable.
In a nutshell, we are looking for:
- A confident consultative sales/partnership manager with integrity and focus.
- A strong communicator with the ability to engage with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, proven track records to work solely on projects, and a proactive can-do attitude.
- An effective team player, who is confident coordinating with the Conference Manager and a local manager, as well as a group of advisors.
- Ideally, experience working in or with the IT and/or development sector.
- Ability to attend the Conference in Nigeria from April 21 to 23, 2020.
Application Closing Date
29th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their expression of interest (EOI) along with a detailed Resume attached as one document in PDF indicating the title of the consultancy and the consultancy code - IFT181119 to: email@example.com
- Applications will be processed on a rolling basis
- Only applicants who send in the required format will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Employer Opportunity
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking
- Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed