The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Job ID: 13-10872
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A512 - Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: Senior Accountant
- Finance Intern will assist the Senior Accountant/Accountants in providing finance & logistic support in the unit.
- The Finance Intern is responsible for ensuring timely collations and undertaking preliminary checks on finance documents in relation to money expended.
- S/he is to undertake preliminary reviews towards ensuring expenditures and applicable documentation are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles determined by the donor agency.
- The Finance Intern is aware of and adheres to MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Properly code all transactions
- Process payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks
- Maintain accounting files
- Manage the inventory data base in the field office
- Track and follow up on outstanding advances and ensure timely reconciliation.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed