Top Job: Head, Human Resources at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our client, a Life Assurance Company in Nigeria, serving thousands of customers with bespoke insurance products tailored for each phase of their lives. The organisation recognises that its people are critical to realising the corporate objectives, hence, it is committed to attracting, engaging, developing and retaining a highly competent workforce.
We are recruiting on behalf of our client to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources
Reference Number: 130-PEO01113
Job type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
This role reports to the Managing Director/CEO and has the following responsibilities:
- Articulate, update and execute the HC strategies, policies and processes in line with the company’s business strategy, key business objectives and pertinent labour laws
- Communicate approved strategies, policies and procedures to business leaders and staff and drives compliance and adoption
- Keep abreast of relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental changes to ensure that the business remains compliant
- Prepare the annual Human Capital budget and plan, and drive their implementation
- Facilitate the definition of the corporate culture and underlying values for the business
- Develop and implement programmes and change interventions to enable the implementation of defined corporate values and organisational culture
- Evaluate, present the case for change and drive the implementation of the appropriate resourcing and talent management initiatives to ensure that the organisation has the talent required to deliver its strategy
- Develop and maintain a competitive and merit- based compensation system to support the Organisation's reward philosophy as well as its talent attraction and retention strategies. Lead benchmarking activities and advise management on findings and their business implications
- Advise and coach Heads of Business Divisions and Units on staffing and development to ensure optimal returns on investments in people
- Agree key performance management objectives with management, develops strategies and put measures in place within Human Resources to ensure that agreed imperatives are delivered
- Review the outputs from the periodic Group performance reviews and moderation exercises. Report and advise leadership on their implications for operational performance, succession management and employee engagement
- Work with the Heads of Business Divisions or Units and Line managers, to design and implement staff training & development strategies and plan to ensure identified needs are addressed with suitable training interventions
- Direct and motivate HC function staff in delivering the people management mandate in line with key deliverables
- Agree critical HC information requirements with Business Division and/or Unit leaders and Oversee the generation of the appropriate information outputs to meet them
- Ensure the Company’s Human Capital Information Management Systems and their outputs remain fit for purpose and current
- Facilitate the adoption of a strategic approach to exit management and oversee the establishment of the appropriate processes and practices
- A first degree from a reputable institution
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g CIPM).
- Minimum 10 years cumulative experience, out of which 5 years is in a senior management position in an insurance company.
- Performance Management
- Career Management
- Rewards and Recognition
- Fleet Management
- Learning and Development
- Talent Management
- Manpower Planning
- Communication Skills
- Managerial and Team building skill.
Application Closing Date
28th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Apply via EmploymentNigeria