Become the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager at Nuru Nigeria
Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa (with frequent visits to field sites)
Job starting Day: January 2020
Report to: NN Project Director
- Work closely with the M&E Program Specialist to implement Nuru International M&E strategy
- Implement a sustainable and formal strategy of data collection, processing, quality checking, storage and sharing outcomes internally and externally.
- Execute large-scale yearly impact assessments by leading data collection in the field
- Directly support impact activities staff in building strong evidence based programs through tools development, training, supervision, analysis & reporting
- Create high quality data-driven written and oral reports for Project Director, impact activities staff, and donors.
- Manage and mentor M&E Field Officers through intentional capacity building
- To sensitize gender and social inclusion and ensure adherence to ethical data collection and data protection policies
- Maintain close collaboration with the Project Director and senior leadership to support data-driven decision
- Maintain and create yearly budgets for M&E activities
- Training program staff on monitoring processes and best practices
- Ensure timely progress of and appropriate human resources for M&E activities
- Foster two-way accountability and feedback loops with local communities and stakeholders to promote dialogue and inform Nuru Nigeria’s approach
- MA (preferred) or BA/B.Sc in Statistics, Economics, Development Studies, Public Health, Agriculture, or other relevant Social Science fields.
- Minimum of Four years’ experience in a managerial role in M & E work in developmental sector
- Demonstrated experience in building or strengthening monitoring systems, quantitative and qualitative analysis, survey and sample design and effectively promoting evidence-based program management.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in strategic planning and using data to make programmatic decisions
- Leadership and project management experience critical
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong strategy-building and critical thinking skills
- Team player with a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Effective communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to operate in both office and field settings
- Excellent computer applications skills. Particularly MS Word, Excel, and STATA
- Speaks, reads, and writes fluently in English and Hausa required.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Competitive salary
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident and disability
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and disability, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Terms and conditions
- The appointment will be for a one year based on annual contract extensions period depending on performance.
Application Closing Date
2nd December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the "Job Title and Location" as subject of your mail.
- Nuru Nigeria welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, religions, gender, and ethnic groups.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed