KPMG Nigeria - Our client, a reputable Electricity distribution company in Nigeria with interest and focus on customer satisfaction through strategic planning and execution seeks to recruit confident and well experienced individuals with requisite skills, experience and exposure to fill the role below:
Job Title: Chief Technical Officer
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Office, the Chief Technical Officer will be expected to lead, oversee and safely manage all aspects of technical operations in accordance with standard procedures and policies to ensure efficient operations and optimal network performance.
Detailed Job Description
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of all technical operations
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a robust maintenance strategy to manage technical asset portfolio
- Develop policies for technical operations, research and improvement of technical assets (involves definition of quality standards/ procedures)
- Coordinate the development of the annual network operations plans – ensure planning meets environmental, technical and quality standards
- Ensures compliance with statutory rules and regulations as required
- Coordinate the implementation of recommendations to enhance systems, expand network capacity and refurbish existing network assets/infrastructure
- Supervise all engineering works and project related activities carried out across network and infrastructure
- Report on technical data on a regular basis (SAIFI, SAIDI, CAIDI fault clearance, loss level monitoring, equipment failure, interruptions, etc.) to management and regulatory bodies
- Oversee the engineering, design / drawing of all technical projects carried and ensuring compliance with stipulated rules and regulations
- You must have deep understanding of the electricity sector and the businesses operating in the sector.
- Deep understanding of the laws and regulations governing the power industry as it relates to technical operations and practical knowledge of energy planning, allocation and distribution principles.
- You will need strong business & financial acumen, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent negotiation skills and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Key Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Postgraduate qualification in power systems engineering and management
- Membership of any of relevant professional bodies e.g. NSE, COREN, etc.
- Minimum of 20 years experience in the utilities industry across areas of operations, maintenance, planning, quality management, etc.
- At least 12 years in a supervisory role
Application Closing Date
3rd December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Apply via EmploymentNigeria
Note: All applications will be treated in confidence. Only eligible candidate will be contacted
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed